Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tired Of Waiting For The Varo To Adjudicate Claims

Rate this question

bobbyq

Question

You know, I spend as much time on the phone as a service rep as most of you do and I have finally had it!! I have some DRO hrgs requested from LAST year and I have just appealed them. It will probably be faster than waiting for the VARO to give me the old "we are working on it". I believe that we need to further swamp appeals and maybe the VARO will do something to adjudicate claims in a timely manner. I have DIC claims, because they involve Nehmer, they sent the claim to Seattle and the DIC is i Phoenix, and in the meantime we have eviction, foreclosure notieces, utility cut off notices. VA has been notified but we are not getting no results. What the heck is the answer? I am thankful everyday that I am not in this mess and got my entitlement ten years ago, and that was not gimme but at least I did not have to wait over a year. We need a BIG HAMMER to somebodies head to get to a climax. This cannot continue, or can it?

I know a lot of you out there are frustrated and I would like some feedback on this. This country and this administration has to address this issue and resolve it. I am scared to say we need a revolution ala the Bonus Army that marched on Washington. Any thoughts?

bobbyq

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Another thing to keep in mind is that original claims get some resolve

fairly quick.

Once we hit any appeal level - the brakes really get put on.

JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Probably 99% of vets feel frustrated and angry at the treatment they get from VA benefits administration. The only power we have is our votes and knowledge of the regulations. To get CIB you have to be in an infantry unit, have an infantry MOS, and have someone in power acknowledge you were in combat. You can be doing infantry job but unless you are in an infantry unit do dice.

I would say you have been very fortunate in your dealings with the VARO that you deal with very few do anything in less than one year most can't even schedule a C&P exam in a year

i deal with st petersburg, fl and other than a few miscues have been very good. other than my current claim, i believe everything has been resolved in a 5 to 6 month timeframe. the current one (going on 9 months) lost between 4 and 5 months due to miscues.....my original letter with what i was claiming was incorrect, took about 6 weeks to 2 months to resolve. then they sked me for my exam and never sent the letter. had to resked and lost 2 months with that. and they took one month to sever my claim as i decided to deal with just depression claim and wait on ortho.