Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amc

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

Well someone from the AMC just call me at 10 this morning and told me that they need more info from my current heart doctor. So I assume the letter from the DAV this weekend was not a final decision from the AMC, which I am happy about. I explained to the person that called me that my original claim is from 1994 and 1995. What I do not understand is why my claim was never sent to a Nehmer processing center. I never even received a letter stating that my case was a Nehmer, it was just stated in my original letter from the AMC, that my claim for CAD may be reopened due to knew evidence. This is why it went there for the remands. I know that this sounds confusing but I have every letter that they have sent me from 1994.

IRIS and Peggy also gave me different answers when I called. So I just call my doctor and ask him to send all of my records to this person Bruce, even though they have most of them, maybe they want the most recent.. I ask the AMC official what timeline we are now looking at and he told me that once he gets the records he will try to much it through, maybe another year. We will see. Thanks for listening everyone, I am so glad when I get input from everyone.

Coachchas

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

If your claim falls under Nehmer, I'd really consider contacting the NVLSP.

Given the claim time frame, if you are in fact a Vietnam veteran with "feet on ground", Brown water service, or some other misc. types/locations considered to be A/O

presumptive, etc., it's likely that you might fall under Nehmer.

I do. One of my the past problems with the VA was that they never placed me on the "list". My claims for problems other than a cut and dried DMII claim were denied, appealed,

floated around the VA system, etc. for years. Finally, I contacted the NVLSP and reluctantly hired a lawyer. Event he initial DMII claim award was "lowballed".

The NVLSP contact disclosed that the VA had NOT placed my name on the list that they were required to provide by the Nehmer ruling.

(In spite of the fact that I was already "service connected" for an "A/O Presumptive" condition, had proved not only "Brown Water" service, but also "Feet on Ground".)

Evidently when the NVLSP asked the VA for a copy of my file, and why wasn't my name on the court directed list, things started happening.

The VAMC handling my case abruptly transferred my claim, even with pending appeals, to one of the Nehmer processing centers. I received notice of a decision and retro a few months ago.

You can use google to find the various web references for the NVLSP and the web site. There is an email process that you can use if you choose to do so.

Under Nehmer, the reto pay can go back to the original claim date you mentioned.

Had the government and the VA been "honest" concerning A/O decades ago, I and thousands of other veterans would have filed claims when problems started occurring, rather than waiting for information associating various conditions to dioxin and A/O. Many of the problems associated with A/O exposure have been known by the EPA, it's predecessors, the military, and industrial medicine for longer than I've been around.

NVLSP MAIL ADDRESS

PO Box65762

Washington, DC 20035

202-265-8305

Fax 202-328-0063

info@nvlsp.org

• HadIt.com Elder

The funny thing is that VA does not do medical research on effects of AO. They just use other people's research and IOM. I don't understand this, but it explains why we had to wait 40 years for new conditions to be added to presumptive list.

Given the claim time frame, if you are in fact a Vietnam veteran with "feet on ground", Brown water service, or some other misc. types/locations considered to be A/O

I do. One of my the past problems with the VA was that they never placed me on the "list". My claims for problems other than a cut and dried DMII claim were denied, appealed,

floated around the VA system, etc. for years. Finally, I contacted the NVLSP and reluctantly hired a lawyer. Event he initial DMII claim award was "lowballed".

The NVLSP contact disclosed that the VA had NOT placed my name on the list that they were required to provide by the Nehmer ruling.

(In spite of the fact that I was already "service connected" for an "A/O Presumptive" condition, had proved not only "Brown Water" service, but also "Feet on Ground".)

Evidently when the NVLSP asked the VA for a copy of my file, and why wasn't my name on the court directed list, things started happening.

The VAMC handling my case abruptly transferred my claim, even with pending appeals, to one of the Nehmer processing centers. I received notice of a decision and retro a few months ago.

You can use google to find the various web references for the NVLSP and the web site. There is an email process that you can use if you choose to do so.

Under Nehmer, the reto pay can go back to the original claim date you mentioned.

Had the government and the VA been "honest" concerning A/O decades ago, I and thousands of other veterans would have filed claims when problems started occurring, rather than waiting for information associating various conditions to dioxin and A/O. Many of the problems associated with A/O exposure have been known by the EPA, it's predecessors, the military, and industrial medicine for longer than I've been around.

NVLSP MAIL ADDRESS

PO Box65762

Washington, DC 20035

202-265-8305

Fax 202-328-0063

info@nvlsp.org

Thanks for the info I got the official letter from the AMC today it does state that my IHD/CAD was service connected but they are granting me 0%. I am getting in touch with the NVLSP, is there a direct number. Can I talk to someone when I call? This is totally rediculous. My claim, like your has been passed around for years. I really don't understand why it is not at a Nehmer Center. Any idea?

NVLSP MAIL ADDRESS

PO Box65762

Washington, DC 20035

202-265-8305

Fax 202-328-0063

info@nvlsp.org

I forgot to include that I am not on the list at the NVLSP either. I e-mailed them about a year ago and I was told through an e-mail that my name is not on the list.

I got the official letter from the AMC today it does state that my IHD/CAD was service connected

but they are granting me 0%.

It's real important to study the Evidence and Reasons and Bases Section's to see

how they are trying to support the evaluation of zero percent and also

check out the effective date assigned and see if anywhere in there they addressed

the prior denied claims for "IHD/CAD".

JMHO

Can you scan and attach that letter here? (Cover personal identifying stuff)