Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Notice From The Va

Rate this topic

Hollis

I got my award letter and it was good, but I stated back pay to Oct 2010, and that fine, but I need to ask the great folks on here a question. I actually started my claim back in 1984 and was denied, and I let it go. young and dumb, I know my mistake. But in 2008 I asked for my case to be reopen so I could persue it. And that is what I did and the rest is history, got 50% now. SO my question is should I go and ask why they only went back to Oct 2010, and not back to 2008 or even 1984? Thanks for your help and advise.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you keep the claim open since you reopened in 2008 until now by filing NOD's? Or did it close and you reopened in Oct 2010?

What did the award letter say in the Reason & Bases section?

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

Did you keep the claim open since you reopened in 2008 until now by filing NOD's? Or did it close and you reopened in Oct 2010?

What did the award letter say in the Reason & Bases section?

yes I did, I have letters from the VA stating what the decision was on my claim for SC compensation received December 16,2008 were not related to my military service. So I would think that would be good enough to support my claim. They did deny my claim claim on that date, but the letter from the VA was dated July 16, 2009. thankd for the question

JMO, you don't have a leg to stand on going back to 1984 cause you let it slip by and close. It sound's you have a very good case going back to 2008 tho. You need to file an NOD PRIOR to the 1 year deadline from the date of the award letter. Yes sir, I believe the EED should go back to 2008 since you kept the claim open.

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use