• State: Ky

Edited by kydale

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

THANK YOU so much. I am retired disability Social Security and dis State Govt retirement. I was a Sworn State Police Officer and the incompetent thing bothers me about my CCDW Permit.

Yes, I have no problem with wife being appointed. She also works for State Police. I have my deceased father and 2 brothers deceased and posess their guns holding until their grandsons are grown to appreciate them and treasure them. I'd like to not have to give them up. As a Former sworn officer, I feel me having my weapons is legit? I want my comp but, Im not incomptent at all. If I were, I would have killed a man that murdered my 32 ye old brother and a 28 yr old man that raped my 11 yr old daughter. Several years ago. Any info or input greatly appreciated.

Thank You my Brother

GOD BLESS YOU

DALE

I RECEIVED MY CLAIM AWARD LETTER TODAY AT 100% DISABILITY SERVICE CONNECTED . IT DOES STATE INCOMPETENCY PENDING????????????

I RECEIVED MY CLAIM AWARD LETTER TODAY AT 100% DISABILITY SERVICE CONNECTED . IT DOES STATE INCOMPETENCY PENDING????????????

Jim Strickland , VAWatchdog, has been relentless in exposing some of the VA's fiduciary problems so one must really be careful of this proposed incompetency BS.

I just posted this AM a release here from OIG as to their latest fiduciary investigation.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nfaug10/nf080910-1.htm -link to some of Jim's ideas for proposal of incompetency-

This is a start as to what Jim recommends but he has posted additional info at the VAWatchdogToday site as well that is more updated.

You need to appeal this right away and ask for a hearing. If I were you I would print off the whole Office of Inspector General Press Release I posted here and tell VA this is evidence that would warrant them to reconsider.Based on the incompetence and downright theft of some of their VA appointed fiduciaries.

Other crooks have been caught as well by OIG stealing fiduciary money from vets.

If SSA didn't find you incompetent and you pay your bills on time ( and even if you dont) you can fight this and they will ( or should) appoint the wife.

There are search features at VAWatchdog today to seek more info on what Jim advises to do.

http://www.vawatchdogtoday.org/

I think this stuff is VA BS pure and simple.They can stave off the retro whenever they do this.

Again I remind all here- if you get an IMO for any MH issue make sure the IMO doctor makes a statement with some rationale that you are competent to handle your own funds.

Unfortunately the new PTSD regs prohibit getting an IMO for a PTSD diagnosis.

I might have VAOLA paranoia but I see a distinct "nexus" between the new PTSD regs and this incompetency BS for Mental Health claims.

Both are guaranteed to withhold compensation from veterans.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I just" talked" to Jim and he has just finished this new guide top proposed incompetency:

He must have ESP!!!!

http://www.jimstrickland912.com/Fiduciary_Appointments.html

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Lead Moderator

You have two things to persue here.

First, you need to check to see if your VA physician or C and P examiner stated in your records you were incompetent to handle finances.

1)If your doc says you are incompetent, they you are going to need an IME/IMO, that is, another docs opinion to refute this. These are not necessarily cheap.

2). If your doc did NOT say you are incompetent, then it is conjecture on the part of the VA, and you should be successful in the appeal.

My advice is that if your WIFE is declared your trustee, and if you feel comfortable with that, then you will need to choose whether you want to spend the time and money to appeal the incompetency part.

If the VA insists on picking out the trustee, then you need to fight this tooth and nail no matter what, no matter how long it takes or how much it costs.

Caveat: There are rumors the VA makes your spouse the trustee, then later doesnt like how she does it then appoints one of their crooks to steal your money. Also, you need to consider the possibility that your wife may pre decease you and then who do you want the trustee to be.