Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Purple Heart

Rate this question

BUZZ

Question

On 8/12/2011 at 2:18 PM, alphahec said:

Have you ever thought of applying for the Purple Heart to the Army Board of Corrections, I think they can award posthumously.

i know this is really old thread but there are very few about purple hearts and TBI.  did you ever figure out the process for this?

thanks,

As a recipient of the PH I can say no as to an automatic 10% disability.  However PH veterans are automatically placed in Priority Group 2 or 4 for VA health care eligibility benefits and care.  There are also a few other bennies given to PH holders including benefits from many states such as free or $5.00 license plate annual registrations, etc. 

Soon along with 100% P&T vets they will be eligible for free access to military base PX, commissary MWF recreation facilities including military hotels.

Edited by Dustoff 11

3 hours ago, Dustoff 11 said:

As a recipient of the PH I can say no as to an automatic 10% disability.  However PH veterans are automatically placed in Priority Group 2 or 4 for VA health care eligibility benefits and care.  There are also a few other bennies given to PH holders including benefits from many states such as free or $5.00 license plate annual registrations, etc. 

Soon along with 100% P&T vets they will be eligible for free access to military base PX, commissary MWF recreation facilities including military hotels.

yeah i knew about the actual benefits and not SC disability etc. i was more looking for info for getting awarded post service. i was not not diagnosed with my TBI until this year and would like to be awarded. vets now in country are automatically evaluated and given mri's after ever IED for TBI (from what i have been told by ones still in and from ones i served with that stayed in after i left) and given purple heart for such. i was not evaluated even. just the medic checked me out and said "ok you are probably ok. have someone check on you ever hour and you shouldn't go on any missions for a week. drink water and rest" hahaa thanks bud! glad im still good to do missions later..hahaha

anyways yeah just wanted to check on this as i know there is a process and vets are getting warded post service, i just dont know how or what process and have searched on HADIT and come up with nothing.