Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Would The Va Give Me 100%

Rate this question

sparkle

Question

Hi All, Let me say thank you for this health, and second, I am not that good at typing. Got that out of the way. My psychiatric notes said I had bipolar d/o (not sure what that mean) PTSD sec to CST, MST + TBI for service connection (fall while in active duty. ACTIVE PROBLEM (Problem only)

1. Insomia * (icd-9-cm 780.52

2. Urinary Incontinence* (wet pant w/ panic attacks) my words funny but trust.

4. Dermatitis * (icd-9-cm 692.9) my words i take med's for it but do not go to the dr's all the time.

5. Tobacco Use Disorder* (icd-9-cm 305.1)

6. Chronic Headache * (icd-9-cm 784.0)

7. Obesity * (icd-9-cm 278.00)

8. Hyperprolactinemia * (icd-9-cm 253.1)

Axis I Bipolar d/o PTSD

Axis II Bp traits

Axis III Hypreprolactinemia TBI s/p fall

Axis IV unemployment

Axis V GAF: 45

I take med's for all of the above, but not sure what this all mean. Now I am a nice person, but I do get a little crazy from time to time. I have cut a few people but did not get jail time because of the way it happen. Beat up the girl that stay next to me, for hitting my grandson (she is a adult he was 10). My depression and panic attacks and anxiety is getting the best of me. I can no longer work, about ready to lost my home because of all this crap. I put in for TDIU the rep. over the phone said she was putting that in my claim along with the other stuff.

My discharge order say recommended that she be separated through administrative channels without delay. This letter has the concurrence of the hospital commander. said I have a personality disorder. Now before i went in the service and had the TBI i worked as a dental asst. or five years, had no out burst like the ones i have had, no depression and all the other stuff that i now have. i could write better than i do now, and type better as well, stand without falling, hear without ringing in my ears, and could see like a hark. Now in my HBO i feel that with all of the above i should or would get 100% and not the 20% for TBI and 30% for depression. I know this is long but this is the only way i could think of putting it so that you could understand what i was asking of you and to get some kind of answer. Like i said I was a kind and loving person (my nick name is Sparkle) and got my name for the type of person i was. So i was not sure what all that dr.s stuff that was in my notes. Can someone pls help me out: T-bird, carla,berta some one.

Thanks Sparkle

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You really can't put in for TDIU over the phone. You need to file out the TDIU form. Your SMR's need to show that the symptoms you list first started or were aggravated by your military service. You can't be compensated for a personality disorder. Have you filed a claim for all these conditions with the VA? Do you have a copy of your SMR's? Why were you discharged via adminstrative channel instead of medical?

I posted the link to the TDIU form in your other post-

the info here seems different than in that post-

John is right- they need the TDIU form filled out.

You really can't put in for TDIU over the phone. You need to file out the TDIU form. Your SMR's need to show that the symptoms you list first started or were aggravated by your military service. You can't be compensated for a personality disorder. Have you filed a claim for all these conditions with the VA? Do you have a copy of your SMR's? Why were you discharged via adminstrative channel instead of medical?

John, not sure why my discharged was like that, but back in the early 70's its no telling. I guess what she was saying is she will let them know I would let to put in for TDIU along with the claim i was filing. My PTSD is secondary to my TBI and depression. I have my SMR. The Medical record said accordance with the AFR 160-43, Chap 5-15, para d. DSM code 301.50. Complete physical exam is not considered in the best interest of the patient or the Air Force. I thing I heard on the forum that you have to have a exam before you get out or they discharged you, I could be wrong about this. So John what do a adman discharge mean. I am not understanding this. and what do they mean not in the best interest of the patient or the Air Force. John trying to file this myself with out VASR. the lady on the phone said i could, hope she was telling me the truth. Thank for your help John will wait for your answer.

Hi All, Let me say thank you for this health, and second, I am not that good at typing. Got that out of the way. My psychiatric notes said I had bipolar d/o (not sure what that mean) PTSD sec to CST, MST + TBI for service connection (fall while in active duty. ACTIVE PROBLEM (Problem only)

1. Insomia * (icd-9-cm 780.52

2. Urinary Incontinence* (wet pant w/ panic attacks) my words funny but trust.

4. Dermatitis * (icd-9-cm 692.9) my words i take med's for it but do not go to the dr's all the time.

5. Tobacco Use Disorder* (icd-9-cm 305.1)

6. Chronic Headache * (icd-9-cm 784.0)

7. Obesity * (icd-9-cm 278.00)

8. Hyperprolactinemia * (icd-9-cm 253.1)

Axis I Bipolar d/o PTSD

Axis II Bp traits

Axis III Hypreprolactinemia TBI s/p fall

Axis IV unemployment

Axis V GAF: 45

I take med's for all of the above, but not sure what this all mean. Now I am a nice person, but I do get a little crazy from time to time. I have cut a few people but did not get jail time because of the way it happen. Beat up the girl that stay next to me, for hitting my grandson (she is a adult he was 10). My depression and panic attacks and anxiety is getting the best of me. I can no longer work, about ready to lost my home because of all this crap. I put in for TDIU the rep. over the phone said she was putting that in my claim along with the other stuff.

My discharge order say recommended that she be separated through administrative channels without delay. This letter has the concurrence of the hospital commander. said I have a personality disorder. Now before i went in the service and had the TBI i worked as a dental asst. or five years, had no out burst like the ones i have had, no depression and all the other stuff that i now have. i could write better than i do now, and type better as well, stand without falling, hear without ringing in my ears, and could see like a hark. Now in my HBO i feel that with all of the above i should or would get 100% and not the 20% for TBI and 30% for depression. I know this is long but this is the only way i could think of putting it so that you could understand what i was asking of you and to get some kind of answer. Like i said I was a kind and loving person (my nick name is Sparkle) and got my name for the type of person i was. So i was not sure what all that dr.s stuff that was in my notes. Can someone pls help me out: T-bird, carla,berta some one.

Thanks Sparkle

Sparkle,

What is your current 40 % SC for ?

All of these icd codes above are more related to insurance purposes and such,

they don't really relate to VA - VA uses their own Diagnostic Codes (DC's).

Like # 5 - Tobacco Use Disorder - that's not going to get SC or count any towards IU.

Also, VA compensates for ONE MH disorder (at the highest percentage per medical evidence).

Just so you are clear you won't get ratings for all as posted - PTSD, Bipolar - CST MST.

You will need to fill out, sign and submit the form for IU,

here's a printable link.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-8940-ARE.pdf

John I guess the form will be sent to me and I need to send it back with the other statements or papers that they say is needed to complete my claim. All this stuff is given me a panic attack just thinking about it. Getting my word and typing all mixed up, shaking, head hurting, because i am not sure I will get a increase. John I know I can never go back in the work force again, not with my thinking all over the place like it is. Trying so hard John to keep it together just talking to you. I feel ever one is trying to knock me down and not just give me a hand up, so I can help myself as much as I can. I never asked no one for a hand out John just a hand up. I waited 25 years and never got one bet of medical help from the VA, because no one told me I could go to the VA and get my medical treatment for my TBI. I had 3 children to rise by myself and could have used the help for them as well as for myself. So as you can see I am not trying to get over on the VA, just trying to get what I think I deserve after all this years. John, I gave them 25 years without that they could keep money in there pockets how its my turn for them to put some back in mine, and I am not feeling bad about any of it. Thanks for letting VENT!!!

*Sparkle

I posted the link to the TDIU form in your other post-

the info here seems different than in that post-

John is right- they need the TDIU form filled out.

Berta, this is driven me crazy, and why would the dr's put all those codes that's not VA codes. The only health care I have is at the VA medical center. Why would they discharge me like that. I should have gotten a medical. They said I had a Mental Condition, would that not be a medical discharge. I did'nt go in crazy but I sure as hell did come out crazy in the head. A other thing I am not understanding is:

I passed all the test to get in the AF

I had to pass a test to get out of boot camp and pass that

Worked for 5 years as a dental asst. and office manager, but after I had my fall and was knocked out for about 3 to 5 mins. I could not pass my test at tech school. Could some one give me a little insite as to what I may be looking for these people to give me. Maybe none thing.