Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Would The Va Give Me 100%

Rate this question

sparkle

Question

Hi All, Let me say thank you for this health, and second, I am not that good at typing. Got that out of the way. My psychiatric notes said I had bipolar d/o (not sure what that mean) PTSD sec to CST, MST + TBI for service connection (fall while in active duty. ACTIVE PROBLEM (Problem only)

1. Insomia * (icd-9-cm 780.52

2. Urinary Incontinence* (wet pant w/ panic attacks) my words funny but trust.

4. Dermatitis * (icd-9-cm 692.9) my words i take med's for it but do not go to the dr's all the time.

5. Tobacco Use Disorder* (icd-9-cm 305.1)

6. Chronic Headache * (icd-9-cm 784.0)

7. Obesity * (icd-9-cm 278.00)

8. Hyperprolactinemia * (icd-9-cm 253.1)

Axis I Bipolar d/o PTSD

Axis II Bp traits

Axis III Hypreprolactinemia TBI s/p fall

Axis IV unemployment

Axis V GAF: 45

I take med's for all of the above, but not sure what this all mean. Now I am a nice person, but I do get a little crazy from time to time. I have cut a few people but did not get jail time because of the way it happen. Beat up the girl that stay next to me, for hitting my grandson (she is a adult he was 10). My depression and panic attacks and anxiety is getting the best of me. I can no longer work, about ready to lost my home because of all this crap. I put in for TDIU the rep. over the phone said she was putting that in my claim along with the other stuff.

My discharge order say recommended that she be separated through administrative channels without delay. This letter has the concurrence of the hospital commander. said I have a personality disorder. Now before i went in the service and had the TBI i worked as a dental asst. or five years, had no out burst like the ones i have had, no depression and all the other stuff that i now have. i could write better than i do now, and type better as well, stand without falling, hear without ringing in my ears, and could see like a hark. Now in my HBO i feel that with all of the above i should or would get 100% and not the 20% for TBI and 30% for depression. I know this is long but this is the only way i could think of putting it so that you could understand what i was asking of you and to get some kind of answer. Like i said I was a kind and loving person (my nick name is Sparkle) and got my name for the type of person i was. So i was not sure what all that dr.s stuff that was in my notes. Can someone pls help me out: T-bird, carla,berta some one.

Thanks Sparkle

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I agree with Pete. A GAF of 45 indicates significant MH disabilities, combined with your obvious TDIU.

Also, it is very difficult to work if you are incontinent. I think you will get 100%, but the VA almost never gives that up without a fight...usually one that lasts for years if not decades. You just have to hang in there until you get er done. No matter how long it takes. You, like most others, will likely have to appeal.

I agree with Pete. A GAF of 45 indicates significant MH disabilities, combined with your obvious TDIU.

Also, it is very difficult to work if you are incontinent. I think you will get 100%, but the VA almost never gives that up without a fight...usually one that lasts for years if not decades. You just have to hang in there until you get er done. No matter how long it takes. You, like most others, will likely have to appeal,.

Thanks for the reply. Hope I will not have to wait a decade, by that time I will be eating out the soup kitchen and living at a shelter. I feel a lot better today than yesterday. You guys have given me so much hope. I just have to stay on this site and get all the info I can. I think I may just need to wait and see what % I get before I get a lawyer. I may not get none thing, if I can just get 70%, that's better than not getting none thing. Some one told me if I get 50% that would get me full dental with all other medical care. Now let's be clear, I still have all my teeth, but dental would be nice to have. Now if some one could tell me what this GAF is all about and if it will help me get a higher %. The reason I say this is I need the increase to just live, because I am not able to work. God has been good to me, the only thing I have to pay is my house note, which I only have two more years to pay for, food, phone bill (car paid for),and light bill. Not going out riding around so gas is not a problem plus it's so high. Some one tell me if I have a good chance of just getting 50% and if so, I can try to make some extra money by making some of my handmade natural soap, and bath products to sale. So keep your finger crossed and let's see what SSA will give me. Do you think I may have a chance of getting that? What are they looking in my claim? Do I need to give them all of my SMR (I have a copy for myself) or just a few pages, do they look at that GAF score for approval do they have their own scale to rate you by. This will be a great help if I could get all my ducks in one straight line.

Edited by sparkle

• HadIt.com Elder

Sparkle:

In a way you and I are much alike. Even though my family was very negative about my chances I fought like a tiger with the VA to get my earned benefits. I used the anger I had for VA to get the energy needed to make the appointments and do the stuff I needed to do to win my claim.

You earned the benefits you are seeking by your service. We are not getting welfare SSD is Insurance paid for over the years they took the money from our paychecks. VA is earned by Service.

I found SS to be very helpful. Ask for a printout of your earnings it could help your claim with VA

Good Luck and you have Hadit Family ready willing and able to answer your questions and also help you win your claims.

When you go to SS don't dress up like its a job interview its exactly the opposite. That goes for medical exams and any contact you have with Docs. Also when they ask you how you are feeling don't ever say fine say how you feel when you are at home day after day.

Pete

Sparkle:

In a way you and I are much alike. Even though my family was very negative about my chances I fought like a tiger with the VA to get my earned benefits. I used the anger I had for VA to get the energy needed to make the appointments and do the stuff I needed to do to win my claim.

You earned the benefits you are seeking by your service. We are not getting welfare SSD is Insurance paid for over the years they took the money from our paychecks. VA is earned by Service.

I found SS to be very helpful. Ask for a printout of your earnings it could help your claim with VA

Good Luck and you have Hadit Family ready willing and able to answer your questions and also help you win your claims.

When you go to SS don't dress up like its a job interview its exactly the opposite. That goes for medical exams and any contact you have with Docs. Also when they ask you how you are feeling don't ever say fine say how you feel when you are at home day after day.

Pete

Pete, I am going to fight hard to get my benefit. Pete it took the VA from 82 to 09 to give me a % of 10% to 40%, and I just got the 40% 2 years ago., after waiting 25 years to get my health care, and the reason for the long wait to get the health care is I didn't even know I could get the help that was needed for myself or my children. Yes I am fighting mad at this point in my life. Do any one think I would have waited 25 and not get the extra money i could have gotten for my children back than? As far as the SSD I will play that out like you told me too as well with my dr's appointments with the VA. I know it may take a few years (hope not) to get my benefits from the VA if Trying to get that 100%, I will wait. I feel I may get the SSD before the VA increase. Pete you are soooo helpful and hope John and the others will post and let me know what they think.

Go for it all!!!!!

THANKS JOHN, I KNOW I CAN COUNT ON YOU FOR HELP, CHECK OUT MY NEW FORUM (CORRECTION OF DISCHARGE RECORDS) TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

Edited by sparkle