Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hell Yes !

Rate this topic

Shellback-

I went on ebenefits and checked the letter generator and saw 40% on My AB8 form instead of 10%-and My PTSD claim is the only one not decided and put it back to phase 1-from what I have heard may not mean anything bad-I did notice $541.00 for 40%-do I need to contact them to correctly add My Wife and Son into the equasion or am I jumping the gun?? Thanks to all at this site !!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

One year is light speed for the VA. You know 40% is what the VA pays for an eye or a foot. Do you think your eye or foot is worth $541?

One year is light speed for the VA. You know 40% is what the VA pays for an eye or a foot. Do you think your eye or foot is worth $541?

Not hardly !! I am banking on the PTSD to push the rating on up there-but I will not be smug and admit that I am pretty pleased thus far !!

• HadIt.com Elder

You might want to get an independent medical opinion that says your PTSD is worse than 40% now that you have been rated by the VA. Keep going for your appointments and keep taking your meds. Get all the treatment you can from the VA because this is the kind of documentation you want. You want to build a mountain of evidence that your PTSD is a very serious matter. I am not telling you to lie or be untruthfull. I am telling you to gather as much evidence as you can. The VA feeds on paperwork documentation.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use