Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hell Yes !

Rate this topic

Shellback-

Congrtats. Are you working and have you applied for Social Security or have it?

Good Luck

Thanks !! and Yes I have a Home Alarm co- I can still do the work part time so I will as long as possible-never applied for SS-one of Our Lawyer customers told Me a few years back that I could forget SS until I was unemployed for at least 2 years ?? and it would be wonderful to get 50% on the PTSD whenever the VA is finished with it-will My bump up to 40% for the other claims happen immediately? and I noticed the AB8 form showed $541 FOR 40%-Will My paperwork include a questionaire to add Wife and Child to the equation -and will the VA wait to pay until the PTSD is decided ?? Sorry for all the questions but You Guys have all the right answers- Thanks in advance !!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of Our Lawyer customers told Me a few years back that I could forget SS until I was unemployed for at least 2 years ??

This lawyer is not necessarily correct at all ! But if you're working I wouldn't even apply for SSA benefits - JMHO

and it would be wonderful to get 50% on the PTSD whenever the VA is finished with it-will My bump up to 40% for the other claims happen immediately?

When additional disability is granted - VBA will use the combined ratings table for a current percentage evaluation.

and I noticed the AB8 form showed $541 FOR 40%-

Will My paperwork include a questionaire to add Wife and Child to the equation -

It might - if you haven't yet completely filled out, signed and submitted the 21-686c ALONG WITH the documents

requested on the form - I would do this ASAP.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-686c-ARE.pdf

and will the VA wait to pay until the PTSD is decided ??

I don't remember if this was a BVA decision or not - BUT regardless, the VBA is supposed to go ahead and provide

the benefits/comp granted - even while they are adjudicating other SC issues - is the way I understand this.

• HadIt.com Elder

One of the problems you may encounter is SSA's views on small business owners. They often take the view that as long as you continue to run the business, and can hire help to do what you cannot, you are not disabled for SSA purposes.

A friend of the family in the Chicago area lost in the appeals process, even with "competent" legal representation.

Thanks !! and Yes I have a Home Alarm co- I can still do the work part time so I will as long as possible-never applied for SS-one of Our Lawyer customers told Me a few years back that I could forget SS until I was unemployed for at least 2 years ?? and it would be wonderful to get 50% on the PTSD whenever the VA is finished with it-will My bump up to 40% for the other claims happen immediately? and I noticed the AB8 form showed $541 FOR 40%-Will My paperwork include a questionaire to add Wife and Child to the equation -and will the VA wait to pay until the PTSD is decided ?? Sorry for all the questions but You Guys have all the right answers- Thanks in advance !!

One of the problems you may encounter is SSA's views on small business owners. They often take the view that as long as you continue to run the business, and can hire help to do what you cannot, you are not disabled for SSA purposes.

A friend of the family in the Chicago area lost in the appeals process, even with "competent" legal representation.

Interesting view by the SS folks !! I am not all that surprised that SS took the stand they did with the Friend of the Family- I have always heard that qualifying with them was a little different than with the VA-Thanks for the heads up though !!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use