Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hell Yes !

Rate this topic

Shellback-

I kind of had a similiar situation when my claim was approved. I was awarded for 2 SC issues and 2 others were deferred. I sent in required forms to start receiving the additional $ for my husband & children. The VA responded back that they were going to wait on the deferred claims to be rated before paying for my dependents. It took 18 months before this happened. I hope your goes through in a more timely manner.

Congrats on your 40%. I love hearing good news.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of had a similiar situation when my claim was approved. I was awarded for 2 SC issues and 2 others were deferred. I sent in required forms to start receiving the additional $ for my husband & children. The VA responded back that they were going to wait on the deferred claims to be rated before paying for my dependents. It took 18 months before this happened. I hope your goes through in a more timely manner.

Congrats on your 40%. I love hearing good news.

That is good to know-did they send you the forms with your envelope that arrived ? or did You just send 21-686c info in on Your own ? and did they pay on the 2 You were awarded on up front along with % bump up or was that on hold also ? Thanks for Your information !!

That is good to know-did they send you the forms with your envelope that arrived ? or did You just send 21-686c info in on Your own ? and did they pay on the 2 You were awarded on up front along with % bump up or was that on hold also ? Thanks for Your information !!

First I sent in the 21-686c, marriage & birth certificates after receiving the envelope from the VA with official notification. Stupid me thought that I would start receiving additional pay for the dependants right away. Nope! Called 1-800# about 2 months later and they had no record of receiving form & certificates. Mailed them again certified and another set mailed through local DAV office. I even had to send in proof of my husband's divorce of previous wife. That held up things a bit because he didn't keep any of that and had to track her down. Luckily, she's military as well and was helpful.

The 2 SC claims that were rated did start paying right away BUT w/o dependants. So, when the other 2 deferred claims were rated I received a retro check that included all the back dependant pay as well as the 10% increase in disability.

I hope that makes sense..i don't often explain myself well.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use