Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lookin' For Your Opinions/thoughts

Rate this question

eagle-eye

Question

Made my monthly 1-800 call today (I don't have E-benefits) and was told that my TDIU claim was rated yesterday. I about fell over because I was so prepared for the usual verbage I've been hearing the past 22 months. I even had her repeat what she said..."yes, your claim has been rated and is currently being reviewed before you will be notified of the decision. May I verify your mailing address"....her words exactly.

Of course, with it being a 3 day weekend I couldn't reach the Houston DAV rep who I believe is authorized to tell me the decision...is that right? Do denied claims get reviewed?

I'm just such a mixed bag of emotions and a bit sick to my stomach. I understand you folks hesitate replying to uncertain situations but it would do me good to hear your thoughts.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Don't start spending yet, sister, but it sounds like good news! :smile:

I hear ya Kelly. The one good thing of waiting so long and living on a very tight budget is it has become ingrained in me now. My husband and I are much smarter about money now. Goodness, when we were active duty and when I received my severance pay we made some stupid purchases. Young & dumb! :tongue:

I am also trying to prepare myself for a denial. Honestly, don't think I can but I have young kids who I refuse to see me melt down. I hide a lot from them. I haven't been this anxious since 10 years ago staring at a pregnancy test seeing how many pink lines were going to appear and trying to determine it's meaning...sorry, it's the only other time in my life that was filled with so many emotions.....crazy!

ANYHOW...How are you doing? Still traveling?

Eagel-Eye in Texas

Made my monthly 1-800 call today (I don't have E-benefits) and was told that my TDIU claim was rated yesterday. I about fell over because I was so prepared for the usual verbage I've been hearing the past 22 months. I even had her repeat what she said..."yes, your claim has been rated and is currently being reviewed before you will be notified of the decision. May I verify your mailing address"....her words exactly.

Of course, with it being a 3 day weekend I couldn't reach the Houston DAV rep who I believe is authorized to tell me the decision...is that right? Do denied claims get reviewed?

I'm just such a mixed bag of emotions and a bit sick to my stomach. I understand you folks hesitate replying to uncertain situations but it would do me good to hear your thoughts.

It sounds promising to Me-I only found out about My rating increase by a trick I had read about somewhere on the web= go to ebenefits and I opened the letter generator area and clicked on the AB8 form and there it was-I must have blinked and rubbed My eyes 4 times and it was still there-I have received no letter yet -but it was just closed about 2 days ago- GOOD LUCK !!

I hear ya Kelly. The one good thing of waiting so long and living on a very tight budget is it has become ingrained in me now. My husband and I are much smarter about money now. Goodness, when we were active duty and when I received my severance pay we made some stupid purchases. Young & dumb! :tongue:

I am also trying to prepare myself for a denial. Honestly, don't think I can but I have young kids who I refuse to see me melt down. I hide a lot from them.

Eagel-Eye in Texas

Eagle Eye - for the 800# to say it was "rated" not it was "decided" sounds like good new - I don't know how they could "rate" it if it was denied....Best of wishes to you & your family.

I do agree to prepare yourself for the denial, just in case. Though I really like to think positive, it is also harder to open that envelope & see "denied" or low rating when you are expecting 100%. Believe me, I know all about having to hold it together for the kiddos & spouse - as well as living frugally while you wait & it does stay with you, atleast it has for us. The security you will feel from having insurance & college for the kids it the greatest!

Why don't you sign up for ebenefits? Do you have my healthy vet? If you already have healthyvet, it is very easy to sign up for ebenefits.

Shellback -- you can go to the "payments" on ebenefits and see what is going to be deposited & when - that confirmed my husbands 100% over a week before we got the letter.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you are going to get TDIU because you are already 80%. Do you get SSD? If you have proof that you are unemployable and with an 80% rating that does put you right in the TDIU ball park.

I think you are going to get TDIU because you are already 80%. Do you get SSD? If you have proof that you are unemployable and with an 80% rating that does put you right in the TDIU ball park.

I was denied SSD and I have a lawyer for the appeal. I was medically seperated from active-duty for major depression due to a home invasion and attack that has caused both physical and emotional issues. I did work again for 18 months soon after seperating from the military but was let go when they learned I was on anti-depressants. BUT i'm sure they didn't admit that when they replied to the VA's inquiry about my employment. It took the employer 14 months just to reply back to the VA. I went thru 7 other jobs in a span of 2yrs with ME always leaving. I was too ashamed to be honest about my conditions and would just stop going to work for either being in pain or mentally unable to function. I think if anything screws up my claim will be how I never shared with my supervisors what I was really going through.