Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nelly35 - New Member

Rate this question

Nelly35

Question

I know that this is an old post but I am still confused I am currently on terminal leave and of course I don't play well with others my GAF score is 40 I have found this out after I requested a copy of my C and P records and I am woundering what I should expect from the VA with that score and is there anything else that I should do? I read that alot of you are going threw SSD I am not sure what that is if you all will explain this to me I will have my wife look over it since I am always lost anyways Thanks again

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It really depends if you can link your claim to your service, whether you work or not and other factors.

A person with a GAF of 40 who does not or is unable to work should expect a rating of 100% either TDIU or Schedular. Its possible that you could get more if you have other ratings of 60% or that you are diagnosed as agoraphobic.

Hadit can help but you should be prepared to discuss your claim farther as there are a lot of traps and loopholes that happen when you deal with the VA.

Hadit can help you by saving time and also focusing you on how and what to ask the VA to do.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I know that this is an old post but I am still confused I am currently on terminal leave and of course I don't play well with others my GAF score is 40 I have found this out after I requested a copy of my C and P records and I am woundering what I should expect from the VA with that score and is there anything else that I should do? I read that alot of you are going threw SSD I am not sure what that is if you all will explain this to me I will have my wife look over it since I am always lost anyways Thanks again

Nelly,

Your profile shows 10 percent SC - what is the 10 % for ?

You are on terminal leave from what ?

You are on terminal leave FOR what ?

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

SSD is social security disability. If your GAF was 40 for a mental health claim you should get 100% if you can service connect it. Like Pete says you need to post more information. I would file for SSD yesterday.

IMHO the most important thing you can do is to GET a copy (complete, if possible) of your military records, including medical records. Then NEVER mail the original to the VA unless you have a copy, because the VA has lost or deliberately shredded thousands and thousands of pages of critical evidence. You dont want to be one of them.

We all thought, "Oh we can trust the VA...we will just send them the original records, and they will process them and send us our benefits..no need in making copies..this is the government"......Wrong. The VA destroys records both accidently and on purpose.

Broncovet ,

I would venture to say many many millions of papers shredded by VA .

Sgt Sandman

p.s

I for one have no records whatsoever , no medical and no dental according to the Va and Military ( for my time in service )

" It's gonna get deep real quick , so hold your breath "