Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Evidence Of Another Condition

Rate this question

eagle-eye

Question

My Primary care doc at the VA is thorough and was not comfortable in giving me pain meds just because I "say" that I have intense & frequent headaches(SC30% for them). She asked if I had ever had injury to my head or neck. I told her yes and than explained some of the details of when I was attacked. The phucker (sorry..it makes me be able to talk if I can use that word) got off on slamming my head against the kitchen counter or off the tiled floor and waiting for me to become conscious again. Doc sent me to x-ray for my neck and 2 days later i'm getting an MRI done as well. I have the MRI results in front of me..."multilevel degenerative disease of the cervical spine. most significantnat C6-C7 w/mild spinal canal stenosis & moderate right/mild left neural foraminal narrowing.

All of my rated SC conditions stem from the attack.

I guess my question is I believe my headache rating is low for the frequency and intensity of them. Can this medical report be used to either increase my headache rating or is there another way to use it? I'm 100% TDIU non-P&T. I am currently 90% scheduler and feel I could be 100% with a few conditions that are bubbling to the surface.

I apologize about not being clear in what I'm asking. My head is swimming with mixed emotions. One hand I'm so happy to be awarded TDIU but other hand wondering if I keep going and claiming this neck issue. It already has caused me to be scheduled w/rhuematology and pain clinic. I understand the money wont increase but wouldn't it serve to protect me by having these possably rated?

You know you have grown old when you hear your favorite song in an elevator.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Teac - just to clarify, that additional 60% need not be a single disability but can be additional disabilities totaling 60%.

pr

I have always advocated for a veteran to submit any claim that they feel is justified. However .. just a little insight.. your rated 90% now which means you may only needa seperate 20% more to get to 100% or you may need a se-perate 50% rating. Based on what you wrote there is no way for me to know. But my point is that it is almost impossible to go from a 90% rating to 100% raing unless the rating is for a single disability.

SMC was mentioned by Phillip, .. you would reqire at least a 100% rating with an additional seperate 60% rating just for SMC S. Or TDIU based on one condition and a seperate 60% rating...

Eagle-eye, Without more specific information concerning your ratings it is impossible to be more accurate....

• HadIt.com Elder

I woulf file for the additional disability, and ask for Chapter 35 while you are at it. I filed for additional disability after getting TDIU ten years ago. It eventually ended up with a separate rating of 60% and I got SMC "S". You never know where these disabilites will be in 10-20 years.

Thank you for all the replys..I am going to move forward and claim what was discovered in my MRI. I'm scheduled for both the pain mgmnt clinic and Rheumatology so I will first see what i'm told about my condition. In a weird way I'm pleased the VA discovered the possability for my headaches. It was discouraging to always be told that I was bringing them on myself. Almost like I wasn't being believed. I'm scared though too. I wasn't really prepared to hear there was actually something wrong with my neck.

The home invasion & attack I received was over 10 years ago. I had worked through most of the anger by now. No longer angry about losing my 12 year military career or the other great job I lost 18 months later. No longer angry that it caused huge issues between my husband and I.(financially, romantically, socially). No longer angry about how I hate being crowded and having my space invaded. No longer angry that my heart jumps when there's someone at the front door...BUT now im angry again that another part of my body is damaged because of one disturbed stranger that hated women and especially hated a woman in uniform.

Posting on this site has done more for me emotionally than several months of therapy. I feel good here. I apologize though if I make any of you uncomfortable in my sharing personal issues. And just to note; the guy who tried to ruin me WAS NOT military.

Respectfully,

Eagle-Eye in Texas

You know you have grown old when you hear your favorite song in an elevator.