VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Should I Be Rated Based On This Info?

Rate this question

marine26

Question

My original diagnosis of PTSD was in July 2010 with a score of 60/85 on the PCL and my original GAF score was 45. Since I got out of the military in 4/2010 I have been unable to obtain unemployment due to the severity of my symptoms and they have since, gotten worse. I am currently on Trazodone for Depression, Panic Disorder, and to help get me asleep; Prazosin for nightmares; and BusPar for Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

C&P Exam

*Section 1

1. Diagnostic Summary

Does the veteran have a diagnosis of PTSD that conforms to DSM-IV criteria based on todays evaluation? YES

2.Current Diagnosis

Axis I: 309.81 PTSD (Chronic)

Comments: The veteran was exposed to a wide range of traumatic stressors. He struggled with social/occupational deficits since exposure, and he has sought treatment for such. The examiner is able to opine the veteran suffers from PTSD that is most likely (more than 50/50 probability) caused by or a result of military service.

Axis II: 799.9 diagnosis deferred

Axis IV: Psychosocial and environmental problems to include: Social, Familial, Employment, Financial.

Axis V: GAF 43

3.Occupational and social impairment

Total occupational and social impairment Yes

*Section 2: Clinical findings

1. File review: Yes

2. History:

a. Revelant Social/ Marital/ Family history: Married in 2008, but currently estranged relationship with wife.

b. Revelant Occupational and Educational History: last employed 2010(USMC). Ateempted to obtain employment at call center, but was unable to tolerate level of activity around him.

c. Revelant Medical history: prescribed psychtrophic medication by primary care provider. Attempted to access treatment, but his efforts have been largely unsuccessful or largely impeded. primary care provider recently managed referral to a counselor for individual therapy.

3. Stressors: (3)

Do these stressors meet criterion A: Yes

4. PTSD diagnostic criteria:

Criterion a: Both

Criterion b: 5 of 5

Criterion c: 5 of 7

Criterion d: 5 of 5

Criterion e: Symptoms lasted more then a month (Yes)

Criterion f: symptoms decribed cause clinically signifigant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning (Yes)

5. Symptoms

a. depressed mood

b. anxiety

c. suspiciousness

d. chronic sleep impairment

e. flattened effect

f. disturbances of motivation and mood

g. difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships

h. difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances, including work or work like setting

i. impaired impulse control, such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence

6. Competency

Veteran is capable of handling own financial affairs.

7. Remarks

Veterans face was haggard and careworn. He presented as intense, somewhat paranoid, and wracked with anxiety consistent with formidable PTSD.

This is the report I recieved from my C&P exam, and would like to know what people think of the results? What percentage do you think I will recieve based on my results?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you sir, but I sense some sarcasm in your post! If untrue then i apologize! And, i think im experiencing quite a bit more then "unpleasant feelings" . I dont ask for your sympathy, I just ask for answers to a question that dwells on my mind as well as my families, so that maybe my daughter will have a good future and be proud of daddy. And its pretty hard to find a hobby i can enjoy when everything I once enjoyed is haunted with memories and regrets! Thanks again!

Marine26,

Thank you for your service!

I'm sorry you're having unpleasant feelings.

We'd do you a disservice trying to guess what you'll be rated.

It's best to find a hobby and check periodically with your VSO.

Hang in there! :smile:

Thank you sir, but I sense some sarcasm in your post! If untrue then i apologize! And, i think im experiencing quite a bit more then "unpleasant feelings" . I dont ask for your sympathy, I just ask for answers to a question that dwells on my mind as well as my families, so that maybe my daughter will have a good future and be proud of daddy. And its pretty hard to find a hobby i can enjoy when everything I once enjoyed is haunted with memories and regrets! Thanks again!

You can not nor you do not want anyone to guess what your rating will be, nor even a guess of when it will be rated. That's because it will only be a guess, and you don't need that. No one can predict what or when the VA will do anything. I know that it is very hard, but you really need to enjoy your family, and try, as hard as it is to let it go, and check with your VSO. Most on here have and are still going through what you are currently going through. Please hang in there.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

It is hard for anyone to guess but I will try as best as I can. Your symptoms coupled with not being able to work and linked to your service should get you 100% but it is rare to get that off the bat the VA usually stages the ratings the most important is connecting your disorder to your service.

There was absolutely no sarcasm in N Kelly's post He is one of the most supportive members on Hadit.

Hadit can help you with your claim but in order to succeed you need to listen to Members and study what is needed for your claim.

Unfortunately for you the VA is way behind on doing what is needed to get a claim done.

My suggestion is for you to file for Social Security if you have not done so. They usually handle claims faster than VA.

Good Luck and thank you for serving.

It is hard for anyone to guess but I will try as best as I can. Your symptoms coupled with not being able to work and linked to your service should get you 100% but it is rare to get that off the bat the VA usually stages the ratings the most important is connecting your disorder to your service.

There was absolutely no sarcasm in N Kelly's post He is one of the most supportive members on Hadit.

Hadit can help you with your claim but in order to succeed you need to listen to Members and study what is needed for your claim.

Unfortunately for you the VA is way behind on doing what is needed to get a claim done.

My suggestion is for you to file for Social Security if you have not done so. They usually handle claims faster than VA.

Good Luck and thank you for serving.

Thanks Pete and I sincerely apologize Kelly, sometimes I tend to take anything nice said as sarcasm. Service connection has been made. "The examiner is able to opine the veteran suffers from PTSD that is most likely (more than 50/50 probability) caused by or a result of military service." I called the VA today and was told that my claim was recieved back from the C&P and rated on 9/17. They said it was in the review process as of 9/19 and took an average of 9 days from there to be signed off on. So unless there is something else im missing, I should have the determination pretty soon, correct? And I have already started on my SSD but was waiting for this last exam to move foward in the process! Thanks again everyone for all of your advice, and again I apologize if I stepped on any toes!

Edited by marine26