VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim Vet 70

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I either have a brain freeze or just need to know for sure. I am helping a Veteran who served 2 tours in Nam a Marine who is filing for PTSD and Agent Orange Prostate Cancer. Like many with PTSD he has a pretty sketchy work History. Should he file for TDIU now or wait for an answer from VARO. I think he should file for TDIU but I am not sure.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Is he getting SSDI solely for the potential SC disabilities?

Is he presently unemployed?

I feel he should respond to the VCAA letter he will get with whatever evidence they ask for and then refer them to an attached and filled out TDIU form if it appears that his potential SC disabilities have caused him unemployability.

Hard to say based on what info is here.

Does he have private medical records for treatment of either the PTSD or the prostate cancer? or both?

Is his stressor established by combat awards on his DD214?

He will fall under the new PTSD regs from what I see here.

Quickpay. If veteran has cancer treatment within last 6 mos from date of claim and is a presumptive, servie( RVN and regular) verified then temp 100% is possible up front. Theoretically they give you the vcaa letter for all conditions claimed and send the claim in up for rating for prostat cancer. ( remember must of had treatment within Last six mos) This also goes forParagraph 29 and 30. At least that is the way I understood quickpay. I/u would be pointless right now if he would receiving temp 100%. http://www.paloalto.va.gov/docs/Quick_Pay_Express_Lane_Pilot_NR.pdf

JMHO.

Edited by T8r

• HadIt.com Elder

The sooner the vet files for TDIU that will estabish the date for his claim. That is the date the VA will use if and when he gets TDIU. I filed when I just had 30% and that was the date they used for my effective date when I got it 18 months later.

Yes for IU is done last in all claim. If he is not able to work due to the SC issues and is not rated 100% due all of the SC issues and the SC all line up right you it ready for them. This is how I work veterans with bad PTSD and are not working due to it.

I either have a brain freeze or just need to know for sure. I am helping a Veteran who served 2 tours in Nam a Marine who is filing for PTSD and Agent Orange Prostate Cancer. Like many with PTSD he has a pretty sketchy work History. Should he file for TDIU now or wait for an answer from VARO. I think he should file for TDIU but I am not sure.