• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Ad Free Subscription.jpgOne Time Financial Gift.jpg

Subscriptions and Gifts are NOT Tax Deductible. HadIt.com is NOT a Non Profit.

TANKERJOE0

Just Had My Dro Hearing

Question

awhile back a great person here on hadit rentalguy1 helped me prepare my nod and request a dro hearing in person for an increase of my initial rating of 30% for ptsd.

i feel my initial rating of 30% was low due to an incompetent c&p dr and his examination of me.

based on my va mental health drs notes and gaf scores from numerous visits and alot of other evidence i believe i warrant atleast 50% if not 70% for my condition.

after a long wait i finally had my dro hearing. i was helped by a very helpful dav rep.who requested i get a new c&p exam with a new dr.

at the end of the hearing the judge granted me a new c&p exam with a new dr.

the dav rep said this was great news for me?

my questiion is.

once again i guess i have to put all my faith in one drs opinion of me during one quick c&p exam? this hardly seems fair i dont see how they get to know the full extent of my condition?

that seems to be the problem the first time around the first dr seemed very arrogant and and not very caring or understanding to my illness?

if only he would read my drs medical notes about me before he formed his diagnosis?

so after my c&P does the dr then send his reccomendation back to the judge who had the dro hearing with me and that same judge makes a ruling on my case and assigns me a rating percentage?

i hope so because i feel i made a strong impression on the judge during the dro hearing

or does it go to someone else who makes a decision on my rating percentage?.

thanks to all at hadit for all your help to veterans with there claims.

Looks like progress on your claim. I am pretty sure that VA will try and get you a fair opinion. Rentalguy1 helped a lot of people.

Good Luck

Ad

TANKERJOE0 - let's start with your statement "this hardly seems fair." Since when is life or the VA, for that matter, fair???!!! (just sayin') The C&P doctor reports the facts, as he/she sees them. The decision is made by rater. They are supposed to look at your complete record. Maybe you need more evidence? I was awarded 30%, for PTSD, back in 1989 and I appealed, and appealed and appealed, finally winning 100%, in 1999, retro to 1989. Along the way I learned VA law, and what I needed to win. Get more evidence and be prepared for the possibility of a long battle, tho hopefully, you won't need it. Never give up!!! jmo

pr

awhile back a great person here on hadit rentalguy1 helped me prepare my nod and request a dro hearing in person for an increase of my initial rating of 30% for ptsd.

i feel my initial rating of 30% was low due to an incompetent c&p dr and his examination of me.

based on my va mental health drs notes and gaf scores from numerous visits and alot of other evidence i believe i warrant atleast 50% if not 70% for my condition.

after a long wait i finally had my dro hearing. i was helped by a very helpful dav rep.who requested i get a new c&p exam with a new dr.

at the end of the hearing the judge granted me a new c&p exam with a new dr.

the dav rep said this was great news for me?

my questiion is.

once again i guess i have to put all my faith in one drs opinion of me during one quick c&p exam? this hardly seems fair i dont see how they get to know the full extent of my condition?

that seems to be the problem the first time around the first dr seemed very arrogant and and not very caring or understanding to my illness?

if only he would read my drs medical notes about me before he formed his diagnosis?

so after my c&P does the dr then send his reccomendation back to the judge who had the dro hearing with me and that same judge makes a ruling on my case and assigns me a rating percentage?

i hope so because i feel i made a strong impression on the judge during the dro hearing

or does it go to someone else who makes a decision on my rating percentage?.

thanks to all at hadit for all your help to veterans with there claims.

Edited by Philip Rogers

x

x

x

You will probably not have the same examiner. The new examiner must comply with the DRO's opinion --to the letter. The DRO will (should) tell the examiner to examine both: the medical record and the veteran! If the medical record contains all of the evidence, then point to that evidence in the C&P. Tell him/her to see the progress notes (dates), other doctor's opinions, etc. If there is current medical evidence that has not yet been submitted, you need to send that to the DRO. You can find a copy of the VA's PTSD Examination worksheet by searching for it at Hadit. Wings

Your DRO is assigned your case and will keep it until it is finished. If he ordered a C & P then fine. The doctor who administers the C & P has a strict form to fill out based upon your responses to the questions. The correct procedure will take about 1 1/2 -2 hours to complete. It is obvious to your benefit to try and stay calm and pleasant during the interview.

If you have PTSD it will become apparent to the doctor and your responses should allow the doctor tot select the correct level or severity to match you condition. The key here is to get the rating and you can always update a bad C & P . The DRO is not a doctor and does make any diagnosis. He or she will make the final decision based on all the evidence available.

Good Luck!

NSA-Saigon-ET

thanks pete, wings, and saigon for your replies.

as for philip rogers lets start with your statement i dont need any more evidence. i just need a dr to read it. thanks

and if i wanted to know about your claim and what rating you got in 1989 id look at your posts thanks jmo