• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• fundraising.jpegGive a financial gift to help with the upkeep of HadIt.com. HadIt.com is NOT a non profit. Gifts are not tax deductible, they are just gifts. 

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Our picks

• So, my lawyer sent an IME w/ IMO and filed a supplemental claim solely for IU on March 20.

It was closed on March 25, and va.gov just states claim closed and nothing more.

Hopefully, I get good news.
    • Thanks for the responses. I am filing a new claim but will continue pushing the NOD. My new question is it stated in law or statute that if during the claims process the VA finds conditions that could possibly rate service connection that was not originally filed for, the VA will “invite” the veteran to file the claim on the claims form. Reason I ask is that my private DBQs, NEXUS letter, and even the VA nurse examiner's DBQs lists bilateral upper radiculopathy as present. If it is written in statute or official guidance it might qualify as a CUE. Just looking at all angles. 
    • Everyone needs to read our stories so they can try to avoid these screws by the va...
      Thank you, everyone contributes, good or bad, all of our stories will help others, and yes, they have been stated by others for ages, over and over, but we just get depressed, and the time turns into years as they screw us..

Welcome to the department of Veterans Affairs!  I can honestly say, "been there, done that".  

Even after winning my tdiu in 2017, it was back to the drawing board as VA hornswaggeld my effective date.  (but of course).  

I finally won my tdiu effective date in Feb. 2020, 18 years after I first applied!!!  

Here is how they managed to drag mine out 18 years:

1.  They never adjuticated my decison until 2009, where they called it "moot".  

2.  I appealed, said it was not moot because it could result in an earlier effective date and SMC S under Bradley vs Peake.  The judge agreed with me, and ordered VARO consider me for extra schedular TDIU, under 4.16 b.  

3.  The VARO piddles with  the remand for 3 years, and hoped I wouldnt notice.  I noticed and raised cane until they adjuticated it.  (denied of course).  

4.  Finally, after the baord denied again, I hired a lawyer, in 2014, and appealed to CAVC.   

5.  The lawyer won a remand, got an IMO and I won tdiu in 2017.  But at the wrong effective date, even after 15 years.  

6.  I hired another lawyer, Chris Attig, and appealed the effective date, and he won a remand for effective date.  Trip 2 to CAVC.  

7.  Mr. Attig won a remand, and advised me to get another IMO.  

8.  The board awarded my earlier effective date in Feb. 2020.  

So, I do have advice fighting VA for TDIU, they fought and fought and I hung in there and won it all.  

ADVICE:  Dont count on VA, they could easily throw your fax in the trash.  Follow up!  
    • "Keep in mind that due to the nature of the digestive system, VA would most likely combined your conditions and pay you at the higher rate to avoid pyramiding".    That is one of my main gripes.  They are only listing the GERD with hiatal hernia and ignoring the rest of my gastric issues such as the gastritis which I also had in service.  I included it in my 2007 request for increase and again in 2019.  The info from the civilian dr that stated I had the gastritis with H pylori was not even provided to the examiner in 2007, nor did he have my VA health records. The 2019 request was based on an EGD I had AT THE VA in Jan 2019.   I filed for an increase 6 Mar and they did an ACE on 27 Mar and downgraded to noncompensable on that date.  The only reason I was thinking CUE:  38 CFR § 3.326 - Under Examinations  it states (c) Provided that it is otherwise adequate for rating purposes, a statement from a private physician may be accepted for rating a claim without further examination".  
    • Enough has been said on this topic. This forum is not the proper forum for an attorney and former client to hash out their problems. Please take this offline
  • Advertisemnt

Sign in to follow this  
Mcafee

Veterans Administration Immunity?

Question

Hello All Hope All Is Well

Please forgive me but it has been brought to my attention that you can not hold a VA employee accountable for there actions.

FTCA filed and denied regional council and general council told theme see you in court counseler.

Now as for the process It is no longer the VA whom the suit or claim is against but the United States Gov..

Once again I fail to understand that you have all the different agencies in place to assist Veterans and yet the only thing these agencies do is cover it up or bury it deny it regardless if the facts are there and make it so frustrating and difficult you want to argh some one badly these people would never treat a family memeber as to what I have expiereanced.

It has come to my conclusion that they are untouchable. to include directors of the various facilities VAMC VISN VHA PT advocate Med.Inspector OIG right down the list.

In conclusion I am not looking to change the system how ever when Med Records are altered or inaccurate this is a reflection to ones application for COMP and Pen.

In my attempt to ammend In Wash DC there responce was take it Federal District Court and I plan too. THE ARROGANCE OF THESE PEOPLE.

IN MY ATTEMPTS TO OBTAIN RESOLVE THERE IS NO CARE FROM VAMC AND FOR AS MANY TIMES TO REACH OUT TO THOSE IN DC AS WELL

SEEYA IN FEDERAL DISTRICT COURT.

Perfect Example made an attempt to reach out to the director at EOVAHCS he told me this is my private line and to never call it again imagine a public servant .

I am just so spent in dealing with complete morons.

Thank You For Your Replies.

I have to chime in here are this one as I have had several issues with VA employees, and those issues, even after coming out with the truth that I was clearly lied to and denied benefits I should have received, has never resulted in any type of disciplinary action.

One was a travel pay coordinator who for some strange reason decided they were not going to reimburse my C&P travel. After almost 2 years with a VAOIG inspection and she still refused to liquidate my claims and the Assistant Director of the VAMC had to.

Once again with the recent caregiver program. A social worker who is not the Caregiver rep told me I wasn't qualified because I was not bedridden. Sent her the instruction and she proceeds to email my VA PCP and occupational therapist that I did not qualify, then called me and said the health care team decided I didn't need the program.

The appeal is now with the VISN and the gal I spoke with there wasn't too happy about the events. But I asked her about filing a formal complaint and she said that there really isn't any to do so, which I know there is a form, I just have to find it, but if the VAMC Director and everybody assigned there is going to cover her ass what is the point? Even if a Veteran has proof that a VA employee has done something illegal, immoral, and lied to Veterans, they all just cover each other and rarely does the problem ever get addressed.

When Veterans commit fraud, it's punishable by fine and or imprisonment.

When a VA employee commits fraud, it's called an error.

If VA employees received legal prosecution for fraud there would be very few claims on backlogs.

Edited by allan

Why do so many VA employees wear their badges backwards so you don't know their name?

It doesn't "flip" that way; it is actually clipped in place intentionally hiding their identity. :angry:

Why do so many VA employees wear their badges backwards so you don't know their name?

It doesn't "flip" that way; it is actually clipped in place intentionally hiding their identity. :angry:

Many of the bad seeds are afraid of Veterans. However, you can help your own self by asking anyone that you deal with their name. And than be sure and use it by thanking them for helping you. I always ask at beginning and end of conversations unless I already know them.

Berta, your sentence:

"You must prove you have incurred a documented medical disability solely due to negligence or medical malpractice on VA's part in order to file a FTCA case."

narrows the definition too much.

I would change it to read:

"You must prove you have incurred damages as a result of any of your VA care being below the "standard of care" in your area."

This is not only a VA thing, it covers the entire federal government except the military (Feres Doctrine). I am hearing that the Feres Doctrine is currently being contested in court.

Having said that, if a person has "incurred a documented medical disability solely due to negligence or medical malpractice on VA's part" that person would certainly win a claim under the Federal Tort Claim Act. My point is that torts come in many flavors; not just medical malpractice.

A tort is an act that injures someone in some way, and for which the injured person may sue the wrongdoer for damages. Legally, torts are called civil wrongs, as opposed to criminal ones. (Some acts like battery, however, may be both torts and crimes; the wrongdoer may face both civil and criminal penalties.) Medical malpractice can be either civil, criminal, or BOTH.