Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is There A Seperate General Medical Exam For Iu

Rate this question

iceturkee

Question

those of you who have gone through the IU drill,is there a seperate general medical exam? already had the c&p for my primary back disability.my second exam just says medical. if there is a seperate general exam, what should i expect? thanks for your help!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

already have nsc pension with a&a!

ice,

Let me see if I understand what you are posting correctly.

Your profile shows SC at 60 % AND you receive nsc pension with a & a ?

Please clarify as I must be missing something here.

Thanks

ice,

Let me see if I understand what you are posting correctly.

Your profile shows SC at 60 % AND you receive nsc pension with a & a ?

Please clarify as I must be missing something here.

Thanks

you didn't misread, i am eligible for both and currently receive the pension because it is the greater benefit. the 60percent is 40 for back and 30 for depression. the a&a is for rheumatoid arthritis.

• HadIt.com Elder

When I got IU I did not get a general medical exam. I did not even get an exam for the SC condition. I got IU based on my rating and on an IMO I got from a private doctor. I was rated 70% and denied IU. Then I got an IMO and appealed the denial of IU. I won on appeal to the DRO. I never had a specific C&P exam for IU. I don't think things have changed that much since my award. Maybe you are getting the medical exam because you have more than one SC condition.

Usually, when a claimant submits a claim requesting an increase to IU status

they schedule a general med exam to see if the SC'd disabilities can be raised to help support IU.

JMHO

just remember, i didn't submit the claim. the va initiated after a statement made by the doc who did my exam for depression. to refresh your memory, she said it would be highly unlikely i could return to full time work due to the chronic nature of my depression and the fact i suffer from long periods of social isolation. the va had already sked the c&p exams before sending me the forms to fill out for IU.

I live in Idaho and have a urological service connected disablity and was sent to Portland Oregon VAMC to a urologist for exam. It was her first TDIU exam and she did a bang up job-even considered my future quality of life issues.