Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's A Yes!

Rate this topic

sparkle

• HadIt.com Elder

"as you can only get one or the other"

I'd rephrase that to the VA will usually only grant 100% or TDIU. Actually, the laws that I'm aware of, and from what my lawyers have said, permit both, regardless of what the M-21 may say. What usually occurs when both are present is that TDIU was awarded first, and then another 100% rating was obtained that was totally separate from the conditions that resulted in the TDIU award. It also generally means that eligibility for SMC exists.

Sparkle - you might want to not post w/capital letters, as it's considered "yelling" and is considered by many as rude. I sincerely doubt you'll ever get 100% and IU, as you can only get one or the other. Congrats on the SSDI win!

pr

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST HAD TO DROP IN AND TELL YOU THE GOOD NEWS. I GOT A BIG YES FOR MY SSD AND A YEAR OF BACK PAY. WOO HOO! AND ALL I NEED IS FOR THE VA TO DO IS GIVE ME MY 100% AND IU. ALSO A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU THAT HELPED ME GET THERE. COULD HAVE NOT HAVE DONE IT WITH OUT YOUR HELP WITH PTSD AND DEPRESSION (BAD). ONCE MORE THANK YOU.

*SPARKLE

Awesome...Congrats to you!! Make sure you copy your disability award and send it as further evidence to the VA for your claim. Great to hear your good news!:smile: :smile: :smile:

LC

Awesome...Congrats to you!! Make sure you copy your disability award and send it as further evidence to the VA for your claim. Great to hear your good news!:smile: :smile: :smile:

LC

So sorry that I was so slow but just had to come back to earth. it feel so good to get all my bills paid and not have all the stress on me Connon. Hope all is going well with you. Just waiting for my letter from ssd so that i can send it in and see if that will help me get my IU. I will def copy that ssd award letter.

Sparkle and all,

Try to also keep in mind that the gift giving season, is right around the corner.

It is in no way necessary to spend lots of money on slam - bam gifts.

The excitement of gifts, usually fade quickly.

When we give our time and energy to other's - that is usually remembered for

years and years to come.

Just saying - and trying to burn it into my brain too : -)

Sparkle and all,

Try to also keep in mind that the gift giving season, is right around the corner.

It is in no way necessary to spend lots of money on slam - bam gifts.

The excitement of gifts, usually fade quickly.

When we give our time and energy to other's - that is usually remembered for

years and years to come.

Just saying - and trying to burn it into my brain too : -)

This is so that is so true. Only have two to buy for we send time with each other more than any thing. My 15yr grandson like the money, and that's fine with me. Holding on to all the money I can so I can wait the VA out on my IU some say it may take a couple of years but my amvet rep. said it would be about a year if that much to get it done not sure but now I have some money to hold me over until then.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use