Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Does It Take Sooo Long For A Decision

Rate this question

82nd 3/504

Question

I have been waiting a year for a decisions on a c&p comp.claim why so long and why do they make it sk hard. Just when I thought everything was in they ask for more paper work. I checked the e benifits page daily and it said no action needed then wham they ask for something else. I had even called and asked if it was all in and my packet complete and thy said yes and boom we news this or that. I didn't ask for anything when I served but thy ask for everything it just seems wrong.

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have the cancer surgery in January, and I have sent proof of that, but there is no word that I will at least get the temporary 100%. I don't know where to go next. Any suggestions.......

stinger,

Please start a new topic thread with your questions.

I wholeheartedly agree... I filed in 2008 - before I had done on line research to know the best way.... and was denied ,,, saying there was no evidence of service connection... event though it clearly shows service connection in my Medical records... then they said there wasn't a continuing problem, even though I sent 15 years of post service medical records showing a continuing and worsening problem... Now fast forward to 2011 - I have refiled and included an Expert independent medical opinion and two more years of data... my case was filed in June, I had my C&P exam in August and have been in Development stage since August. I requested a copy of my C&P exam -- the Dr. spent a total of 10-15 minutes with me... the Dr. hadn't reviewed my case, hadn't read any of the info I put tremendous effort into collecting... 30 years of (Military and Civilian Records (highlighted), Expert Independent Opinion... Nothing... I have since requested and received a copy of the C&P results that in no way match Independent Exam from 3 different experts... the VA Dr. said that while there is documented service connection for part of the claim, the major part of the claim is not in her opinion service connected and may just be due to aging (I am 57 years old) ... more and more I believe that the folks at VA return things denied or with requests for more info just to try to get us to give up... so... I started this round back in June... I called this week and was told that the current processing times at the Baltimore Regional Office are about a year if everything goes through and no information requests come up towards the end of the process...if they do, reset the clock and start over... Argggg...

good luck at baltimore ro. they are 76% over 125 days. I'm sure if they recieved no more claims they would be 100% over 125 days, in 125 days.

I submitted a completely developed claim in DEC2010. I'm still in decision phase. They gave me a c&p in May 2010 but I'm sure by the time they make a decision it will be outdated and they will need a new one. Bingo, we start the clock all over again.

I feel your pain. My case was filed back in September 2010. One of the issues is cancer due to AO. I have sent in the evidence. They even sent a bunch back to me, asking for further evidence. However, the evidence they were asking for was included in what they returned to me. At times I feel like that was a delay tactic. I try to be patient, but it is very difficult. I have the cancer surgery in January, and I have sent proof of that, but there is no word that I will at least get the temporary 100%. I don't know where to go next. Any suggestions.......

I spent 6 months in a hospital bed (fighting for my life with pancreas disease) in 2008, and my vso told me I cannot get 100% until they say it was service related, so I was unable to file fo it, until I win my claim..

I noticed we all have similar stories. Does anyone know if having Legal Representation speeds up the process?? I have 2 issues on appeal since Feb 2008. I also have additional NOD at the region in the DRO review phase, so I know my appeal issues won't go further until the DRO makes a decision.