Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Does It Take Sooo Long For A Decision

Rate this question

82nd 3/504

Question

I have been waiting a year for a decisions on a c&p comp.claim why so long and why do they make it sk hard. Just when I thought everything was in they ask for more paper work. I checked the e benifits page daily and it said no action needed then wham they ask for something else. I had even called and asked if it was all in and my packet complete and thy said yes and boom we news this or that. I didn't ask for anything when I served but thy ask for everything it just seems wrong.

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I understand your frustration. I noticed on the just updated eBenefits site that my status was changed to "evidence Requested is Past Due" despite the fact that I have a signed return receipt from August and the AL DSO personally delivered a copy of my info the first week of September. I have never been contacted asking for more info, so I called the 800# today and they told me that eBenefits doesn't have good information in it. They also told me that for the Baltimore Regional Office the current processing times are ... 323 days in the development phase and 145 days in the decision phase and 23 days after that for a total of 491 days or over 16 months... these are averages... if your claim is complex, or they need more information late in the process, expect more time...

Best wishes to you and hope for a fast resolution and positive decision on your claim...

Art

It looks like you have an appeal pending, based on the DRO comment. It is my understanding that appeals are backed up 2 to 5years.

2012 makes 3 years,, btw, one of the issues was denied in 1997. I opened it again, in 2009 (please don't ask why I waited so long... stupid me.. and the vso's).

I have been waiting a year for a decisions on a c&p comp.claim why so long and why do they make it sk hard. Just when I thought everything was in they ask for more paper work. I checked the e benifits page daily and it said no action needed then wham they ask for something else. I had even called and asked if it was all in and my packet complete and thy said yes and boom we news this or that. I didn't ask for anything when I served but thy ask for everything it just seems wrong.

for what its worth, i have empathy for you and your concerns. the medical care and disability rating system leaves me frustrated and angry most any time i have to deal with them. nothing gets done better or worse for the veteran whether they have a NSO or Congressional letters. so i feel for ya buddy, no question.

just hang in there and keep plugging away, that's all i know to do with such a corrupt organization

Recently, employees of the VA, NSO representatives and other veterans are blaming the Vietnam Vets for clogging up the system with AO claims and creating additional delays.

The reality of the unexcusable delay lays at the feet of the VA Upper and Middle managers as well as those that are mandated to support the disabled vet in his/her claim. The Secretary of Veterans Affairs, Congress and an apathetic civilian population are truly to blame, as well. Because of the delays and excuses being touted these days, I am beginning to feel a rift between some of the younger vets and the older vets.

I have seen this before, many decades ago. We must be reminded that in union there is strength.

this is a very powerful website of information and help and camaraderie. Veterans have had to "protest" (for lack of a better word), before to wake up the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, Congress and an apathetic civilian population. From sit-ins to marching on D.C. Seems to me, only "we" will be able to bring change to this "out-dated stonewalling health-care-rationing unaccountable system ". why not use the web's power to organize and seek much needed change?

most all on this forum have been through the meat-grinder with the VA, starting from the front desk, to triage, to the doctor, then to claims, then to VARO, then onto appeals. if you have not, i bet you know someone who has. and how bout the veterans we know that have to move to different states just to get good VA medical care and decent RO's for disability compensation. for a federal organization, sure seems operating procedures vary widely amongst VA's.

how many of us have had to deplete our savings in order to get non-VA medical care & opinions so we could correctly counter what the VA doctors failed to do in many cases? i bet many of you. I thought somewhere in the VA's rules/laws that the VA was "supposed to assist" in helping the veteran? If the VA is purposely mis-diagnosing & minimizing veterans medical conditions to save on disability claims, i don't see how they can accurately medically treat veterans. And that sure isn't assisting the veteran.

it actually seems more like one big federal lab-rat test platform for big pharmaceuticals. i'm joking there but ...

• HadIt.com Elder

Occupy the VA since we are treated worse than homeless and college students on break. They get headlines and we just get lines. It is congress to blame for this mess. 20% of returning OIF/OEF vets have PTSD and will probably file claims. This is what happens when you have two wars that have lasted almost ten years. We may be in Syria or Iran next so do you think the VA is ready for that? This is not just some VA employees, but a system that has failed. Vets should not be divided. All of us are being mistreated if one of us is mistreated.