Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A&a- 1151 Claim

Rate this question

mymissie

Question

Berta,

On Aug 30,2011 I filed an 1151 claim, I had it on this Forum at that time.

I haven't heard from them, as you all know. But my Question is, would it interfer with my 1151 claim if I applied for A&A, plus for increase in other area of my disability?

Also, a friend applied for pes planus, and was denied because they said that he had this when he went in service. If he did he didn't have any problem with his feet until he went in the Navy,going up and down those ladders on the ship. Should he re-apply???Been years.

He went to college,had a good job before he went and was in the first and then the second Desert Stome wars. Never been able to get and keep a job since then. He just can't concentrate ,so he ends up being fired. Very depressed all the time.

Edited by mymissie

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Your friend should re open his past claim if he is out of the one year NOD timeframe.

It sounds like he also might have MH problems which could have an inservice cause. He should raise every medical issue

in his claim that could possibly be linked to service.

He will however have to send them new and material evidence to re-open the pes planus claim.

He has to refute this statement they made with new evidence :

"was denied because they said that he had this when he went in service"

The VA will keep the 1151 claim separate from any other claims.

When I reopened my husband's claims under 1151 and then under his PTSD claim for higher rating, they were kept as two separate issues.

When you send them any evidence for either claim ,make sure you state what claim it is for.

I am a little confused- your SC rating is 110% ?

The 1151 might bring you into SMC criteria and in that respect both claims could impact on each other.

I will find the 1151 post you made.

Section 1151 awards for a vet with SC already at 100 % level, like all other claims, usually need to fall into SMC criteria for there to be any monetary benefit.

I am a little confused- your SC rating is 110% ?

The 1151 might bring you into SMC criteria and in that respect both claims could impact on each other.

I will find the 1151 post you made.

Section 1151 awards for a vet with SC already at 100 % level, like all other claims, usually need to fall into SMC criteria for there to be any monetary benefit.

Berta,

Thanks.