VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I filed a claim back in 2/25/2010. I went through a QTC C&P General Examination on 7/26/2010. I got a copy of the report a few months later. While I did not like the fact that what happened during the exam was not what was on the report, if that makes any sense. Now, I go into ebenefits, with their improved claim status, and it shows that QTC did not send the VA a report until April 2011. That is about 9 months after the exam!! I do have an Attorney (K&K) working this for me, but the time line just don't look right.

Papa

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I love the fact that QTC won't give the veteran a copy of the medical report. QTC works for the VA and not for the benefit of the veteran, and they're adversarial in nature at every step in the process. And still, the veteran is not entitled to representation at the C and P examination, despite the true nature of the C and P exam being to deny initial benefits or to reduce benefits already established.

I know some veterans do not believe in the subversive quality of the VA, but many veterans will be denied benefits they deserve and many will wait many years before receiving those benefits.

Edited by scscrewed

I love the fact that QTC won't give the veteran a copy of the medical report.

QTC works for the VA and not for the benefit of the veteran, and they're adversarial in nature at every step in the process.

QTC C&P examination reports / results, are the property of the VARO's.

QTC C&P examination reports / results are not the property of the VAMC's,

this is why the regional office can make the choice to not release a copy to the claimant

until after a decision has been adjudicated. This is when the QTC C&P becomes a part

of the claimant file, for release purposes.

A VAMC C&P examination is different and becomes a part of the claimant's medical file.

With some discretion (MH), this allows for a copy to be release to the claimant, in most cases,

with no difficulty.

JMHO

When I was at QTC for my exam, I ask them when can I pick up a copy. They told me that I had to wait for them to send the report to the RO, and then request a copy. I got my copy about 2-3 months later. I don't think the April 2011 is in error. I think it sat on someone's desk for that long, and they finally decided that they needed to work on this claim. I'm thinking that because this claim has a lot of items in it. So, being typical Government employees, they just let it sat and sat and sat. JMHO.

Papa

Why can't I got to the VA for every C and P? Why do I have to go to a copy specifically hired to write negative reports to deny, reduce benefits?

I mean it is a Lockhead Martin Company. I company that receives vast government contracts. It's bogus. Because what goes down behind that closed door isn't what gets written on the paper. We all know what happens. The doctor tells the veteran a whole line of crap regarding their disability and how disabling it really is, whether this be for PTSD or Urinary Retention it doesn't matter. The doctor goes over in a cordial, friendly manner, and the veteran and the doctor part on pretty good terms.

Then BAM! the report the veteran receives --whenever this may be-- is completely different than what happened in the examination room. And, the veteran has no right to record the conversation --I do anyway-- they have no right to counsel to witness the event, and the veteran is not expecting the doctor to change the reality of time and space so they do not write an affidavit recording what transpired in a timely manner.

A wonder if Lockhead Martin pays bonuses according to the amount of denials that come from the VARO?

Edited by scscrewed

I keep thinking of an old Beach Boys tune "Wouldn't It Be Nice"....

Once upon a time all doctors who examined a patient were working for the patient and were to keep the patients health-welfare-wellbeing as thier primary consideration. It appears all to often now that C&P doctors are directed and instructed to not base the exam on the entire medical and disability history of the individual and state how it relates to thier service or whether it was manifest while in service. C&P doctors are given very narrow questions to answer and the questions RO's ask usually are slanted for a denial.

For instance I am SC for Thoracic Spine, Cervical Spine, Hypertension, Cardiomegaly, ED. I am sent for a C&P for my urinary freaquency that I have clearly asked for secondary service connection due to Cardiomegaly and Hypertension and the medication that I am perscribed (a dieuretic). They ask the C&P doc to only address if it is caused by my cervical spine injury.....Doctor of couse says no it is not related to the SC cervical Spine condition. At the exam the doctor points this out to me (I think she was irritated at the restrictions also).

It seems to me the only way veterans would consistently get the best medical representation is if they were allowed to choose thier physician and the VA just paid the bill. Then the equation would be more balanced. If we arn't allowed lawyers from the beginning of the process we should at least be able to choose the doctor, if they want to choose the doctor, we should get the paid services of a lawyer to file our claims and that lawyer should be allowed to submitt questions to the Doctor that need to be answered.

Of course none of this would be necessary if the VA just followed its mandate (the published one, not delay deny until they die).

I wonder if the QTC arrangement violates HIPPA? What am I thinking, Im sure that HIPPA doesn't apply to any federal agency or federal contract. Do as I say, not as I do!

Best regards,