VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• [[Block banner-logo-2024 is throwing an error]]
  • donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Awarded Me Bilateral Hearing Loss Today

Rate this question

les

Question

After 7 year struggle bva awarded me bi latteral hearing loss. Now I have to wait for rateing from Philly i guess, I cant figure the numbers in roman numerals for the rateing so I am loss as to what if any besides the 0% wich is great start. Or do they now give 10% just for being awarded? Thanks all

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey jvretiredvet pain in the a** to read them tables huh? No, not really.

Hearing loss is paid at 10% no matter how profound the loss, I'm totally deaf on one side and cant hear out the other and I get paid at the 10% rate, but even if you are rated at 0% put in for tinnitus because it's now a presumed condition. Hey jvretiredvet pain in the a** to read them tables huh?

I am 50% disability 20% each ear and 10% for tinnitus= 50%. So you can get a highter rating for earing loss. But it did take some time to get SC. But this was my first claim, also have a CUE in for wrong time on back pay.

Hearing Loss could be cure by using anti-oxidants and check up from doctor and used medicines according to doctor's rules and suggestion.If this had only a small germ of truth, pharmaceutical companies would put them in a pill and make billions. The only emerging technology that just may have a chance is stem cells and we are decades away from any reasonable success.

This much I do know...

For va purposes , impaired hearing will be considered a disability when the auditory threshold in any of the frequencies of 500, 1,000, 2000, 3,000,4,000, hertz is 40 decibels or greater; or when the thresholds for at least three of these frequencies are 25 decibels or greater; or when speech recognition scores using the Maryland CNC Test are less than 94 percent.

I really never understood the rating guides for hearing loss. In my case I was rated 0% but, even with hearing aids I still don't understand half of what I hear.

Based on your numbers I know your going to get a rating, but other than that I don't know what it will be.

Edited by Teac