VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hello , Another Veteran In Need Of Guidance

Rate this question

LanceJoseph

Question

Hello All ,

My name is lance. I've been out of the marine corps for about a year now. I spent most of my term in afghanistan and iraq. I went to the VA before I even got out of the Corps , and lo and behold two months after my EAS i was given a 70 % rating. I came to this site to ask a few question and get some guidance. I was given 50% for anxiety(ptsd), 20 for IBS , and 10 for a seperated shoulder injury. I appealed the shoulder and my ptsd on dec 15th of last year, two weeks after getting my decision letter. Since ive gotten out i havent been able to hold a job and with the recession who can but alot of that has been attributed to myself. Getting angry very easily and aggrivated with ppl that really havent done anything to make me feel that way. Ive noticed i have strong feelings of guilt after thoughts or dreams ive had about friends that i had lost while in service. As for my shoulder I can barely put a shirt on in the morning without rithing with pain. my mobility is horrible. I guess what i should be asking is When will i hear something? I've talk to a man that is dealing with my claims personally and he told me to get a doctor in the hospital to write up a 70% recommendation for my ptsd , I did that. I am currently getting my doctor to write a 40 % for my shoulder because he told me i had frozen shoulder and would need surgery and even then i will never have 100% mobility anymore. So am i doing things right? Are there any other ways to go out this. I love the site and love other veterans. This is what has kept me going, I check everyday to read other ppl success stories its such a great thing to hear someone finally got what they deserved.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Semper Fi to you, Lance

Email your Congressperson / Senators NOW

I was almost homeless after getting back from Baghdad in 05.... It took over a year for my claim to go through, but only about a week after I told my rep's my story... Your rep's office will get it done for you, man... They also helped me with Stop Loss... That took a couple of weeks, but they took care of it...

They (Congress) weren't too happy about the email I forwarded to them from the Army stop loss saying I was denied because I was DECEASED!!!

They lit a fire under the Army and VA... Our reps work for YOU AND ME... Go email them

NOW

Good Luck

Aaron