VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

800# Tip

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I have notes on the very few calls I made to 800# over the past 14 months.

I have the names of the reps and everything they told me,but come to find out,it was ALL the WRONG info.

Also I have 2 IRISes, my only IRISes over the past 16 months, and they too contain blatant lies.

You all know I was spitting fire when I got a ridiculous Nehmer decision the first week in December and I took action.

When VA Central called me, they said my C file (which I thought per 800 and IRIS ,was at Phila Nehmer for over a year per IRIS and the 800$ reps)

was being transferred to Phila right away and also they would obtain an expeditious medical opinion.

( I told the VACO caller that this expeditious opinion is about 23 years too late based on what my Nehmer EED should be)

( The EED is date of an ER med cert that called for cardio tests that never occurred)

I have no idea yet where my actual claims are.The first one was sent to wrong Nehmer VARO, then lost and then found per VA in 2010 and I sent a copy of it again with the evidence directly to the Phila VCSM (just in case it was missing again) and this second submission might now be lost too.

My tip is this- widows cant use E benefits so I have to click on the e -benefits thing to speak to a rep.

I started asking in last 2 calls for the rep's name and ID code.

If you call 800# have their name AND ID code and they give you false info, you can file a complaint that identifies who they are.

The rep I got the other day got very upset when I asked for his ID code.Then he gave me the wrong info on my CUE claim.

I questioned that and then he apologized and gave me the right info.(I think)He verified the C file and med recs had been transferred 10 days ago to Phila so I believe that as it confirms what VA Central said.

I have already requested the name of the doctor who will do this new opinion (which is a waste of taxpayers money and time because they have enough medical info already to rate the claim )

and I asked for the doctor's field of expertise because I also told VACO I am ready to get a forensic cardio IMO if needed if the opinion is wrong.

There already is a VACO medical opinion and a Peer Review from VA in my C file and 3 IMOs.

The veteran has not had any sustained improvement since his last posthumous C & P and he is still dead.

I did argue against this new VA opinion because I had muliple other VA opinions over the past 17 years that were all completely medically wrong.

There have been more Nehmer awards lately on some other sites,like VBN, but ours have trickled down.

I think the new Nehmer deadline might be 12-31-2011.

I also think mine might be the last Nehmer claim they do. It is a little unusual but not medically difficult.

Since VA wants these Nehmer claims off their back ASAP, maybe it is now my turn to string them out. :rolleyes:

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

PS- I apologise for that griping because I sure want to wish each of you a Wonderful Christmas and Happy New year!!!!!

I know MANY are waiting for the end of their long ordeals with the VA and I encourage all of you to hang in there and persevere!

Dont overlook submitting a single piece of potential evidence.

I have had countless denials over the past 17 years.I was told by lawyers ( for my FTCA case) and by many POA reps that my VA claims would never succeed.I had no support at all except from my daughter.

Although every award letter I got was wrong, still those claims did succeed anyhow once the evidence was actually read.

I wanted to give up once in the summer of 1996.I had received an SSOC that still is very painful to read.The VA tried to attribute my husband's death to something that was just unconscionable.With no medical rationale at all.It would have been considered as a slanderous statement in a civil court.I felt like they had beat me into the ground.

Within a few hours I recovered from that devastating statement,and called the VA Doctor who made the statement,raising Hell with him -only to find his actual statement was much different than the way VA manipulated it in the SSOC .Then I beat THEM into the ground. The Buffalo VA had withheld from the C & P doctor the most important medical evidence I had.They even withheld this critical evidence from VA Central doctors in 1997.

I spoke to this VA doctor again a few years ago.He agreed with the DMII claim I had filed.

I asked him if he could do a VA opinion for it but he said he knew I had knocked down 2 opinions he did already for VA on my other claim so they sure wouldn't let him opine again on my new claim.We both laughed at that.

It pays to get the actual C & P results when they are available because sometimes they are manipulated in the SOCs to the claimant's detriment.

NEVER give up on your claims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't ever give up on your claims!

Please Never walk away from your claim.

And one can never have too much evidence.

Within a few hours I recovered from that devastating statement,and called the VA Doctor who made the statement,raising Hell with him -

only to find his actual statement was much different than the way VA manipulated it in the SSOC .

It pays to get the actual C & P results when they are available because sometimes they are manipulated in the SOCs to the claimant's detriment.

Berta,

I am in total agreement with the above and many, many times have compared the actual C&P

to the Rating Decision, SOC and or SSOC - and been angered at just how convoluted a decision maker

had changed and/or omitted some of the most essential parts of a C&P examination results.

Things of this nature do not happen by chance.

This - in my opinion, is done in an attempt to support a poor decision that is usually a denial,

or a lowball on the evaluation percentage.