Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Roll Call:major Upset About My Clinical Care

Rate this topic

I just looked at my face. I had a crying fit 6 hours ago. Not good.

I cannot get treated for all of the areas of pain that I have in my hips and pelvis. Not all of it is chronic. I was discharged from the Navy for an ortho diagnosis, fracturing my pubic bone. I've been in this area of the country now for 11 years and no one will let me see an Orthopedist at the Birmingham hospital. I am in with a "Physical Rehab" doctor, but I found out last week he "treats the spine" and acute flare-ups of pain in the 9-10 range are completely out I hurt in 5 places, not all can be impacted by silly trigger point injections near my tailbone. No one is palpating the areas that I say are miserable, no one will let me rotate my left leg for them to demonstrate how the tendons at the top of the femur and in the hip socket snap. There are other rehab doctors that probably treat other parts of the body, and there are anesthesiologists, but no one will let me see them.,

I will try not to bore you with more details.

But I had a horrendous phone conversation with the nurse and M.D. in Huntsville primary care. Their story: "we are doing everything we know to do."

Well, you know what? Apparently the Human Resources functions need to be beefed up. Because the one skill that ought to be in practice, which doesn't seem to be going on here, is rather basic: LISTEN

The primary care doctor is insisting I get a different doctor. I am not making this request, I am going to use my elected officials, groups who fight for vets (I did put in a message with the Patient Advocate at the hospital today, let's see what happens Tuesday), and a lawyer if I have to. I will not let them say I wish to be treated by someone different. I wish for these creeps to be caught in the fact that they simply are "doing everything we know to do" for complaints that are not the accurate ones coming out of my mouth.

Thanks guys, this is really hard for me to share.

Juli

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I just looked at my face. I had a crying fit 6 hours ago. Not good.

I cannot get treated for all of the areas of pain that I have in my hips and pelvis. Not all of it is chronic. I was discharged from the Navy for an ortho diagnosis, fracturing my pubic bone. I've been in this area of the country now for 11 years and no one will let me see an Orthopedist at the Birmingham hospital. I am in with a "Physical Rehab" doctor, but I found out last week he "treats the spine" and acute flare-ups of pain in the 9-10 range are completely out I hurt in 5 places, not all can be impacted by silly trigger point injections near my tailbone. No one is palpating the areas that I say are miserable, no one will let me rotate my left leg for them to demonstrate how the tendons at the top of the femur and in the hip socket snap. There are other rehab doctors that probably treat other parts of the body, and there are anesthesiologists, but no one will let me see them.,

I will try not to bore you with more details.

But I had a horrendous phone conversation with the nurse and M.D. in Huntsville primary care. Their story: "we are doing everything we know to do."

Well, you know what? Apparently the Human Resources functions need to be beefed up. Because the one skill that ought to be in practice, which doesn't seem to be going on here, is rather basic: LISTEN

The primary care doctor is insisting I get a different doctor. I am not making this request, I am going to use my elected officials, groups who fight for vets (I did put in a message with the Patient Advocate at the hospital today, let's see what happens Tuesday), and a lawyer if I have to. I will not let them say I wish to be treated by someone different. I wish for these creeps to be caught in the fact that they simply are "doing everything we know to do" for complaints that are not the accurate ones coming out of my mouth.

Thanks guys, this is really hard for me to share.

Juli

I am moving this to Medication, health issues forum.

Basser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.