VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New News!

Rate this question

ArmyDaughter

Question

First of all....Hope everyone had a great holiday and New Year!!

So I received a call on my phone last night from NVLSP attorney. Missed the call, but called back and left a message with him. Then today, I decided to call the 800 number for the va and see if I could get any information from Ebenefits rep. They told me that my claim was decided on 12/15 and that I should be getting notification by letter in the mail. My concern was that he said notification was going to my mother (who passed away before my dad). He told me not to worry if I had updated my information with the va and also told him when I submitted my information to Waco that I included her death certificate. He said it was probably when the claim was initially made, she was my dad's beneficiary. Sound right??

Anyway, just kind of nervous now and wanted to put this info out here to see if it sounds right, or should I be concerned :)

Thanks for all your help!!

Leah

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

It is great that you heard something-

"My concern was that he said notification was going to my mother (who passed away before my dad)"

That is troubling to me too.Are they mailing this to your address?

I am glad you have a NVLSP contact lawyer.

I don't know Berta, the Ebenefits guy was kinda vague on anything he told me. Just said that if I had updated my info with the VA it should be fine. He said the claim was initiated on 10/25/2011 and my Nehmer letter was dated 11/18/2011. So that time frame seems to me to be accurate, because I know they had some difficulty locating me and had to go through one of my aunts.

The NVLSP attorney was very nice, called him back after talking to Ebenefits and he said to notify him again when I receive something by mail. Hopefully it comes to me!!

Thanks Berta!!

I filed my AO IHD SMC claim in August 2010 and the few times I used IRIS since then regarded info I got from VA- that was completely wrong. As well as 800# ebenefits info.

All you can do at this point is to wait for their decision. And I hope it is correct.

Yesterdsay I received a letter from the AO Division of Phila VARO that my Aug 2010 claim is now being handled as a new claim, because I fought the ridiculous Nehmer decision I got last month.

I believe there are going to be many problems in many of the Nehmer survivors claims.

I hope it's right too.....and I hope if it's not I can figure out how to fight it! Honestly, when I first got this news that this was going on, it was all about possibly getting some extra money to help out with household expenses. But after being on this website and seeing how hard all veterans have to fight (and how much my dad probably did too), it's all on principle now!! I will fight to get every penny my dad should have....because it's obvious they fight to keep every penny they can from the veterans!!

You are all amazing and I am honored to be here and get the reality of what you all go through on a daily basis to get what you so rightly deserve!

Thanks for all you have done and God bless you in your continued fight for adequate compensation!

Leah