Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Call Yesterday

Rate this topic

Stu Pidasso

I was rated 20% by the Army and VA back in 2005. I had a great job and was able to work and was on a ton of pain meds. I ended up going through a bad divorce and got heavily hooked on drugs. Well I ended up making a new claim September 14 2010. I claimed 6 conditions Bi-Lateral club foot, Herniated Disc, compressed cervical spine, PTSD, Traumatic Brain injury. ALong the way I got sent to QTC for no reason to repeat my C&P's I finally told them I would not be going to anymore C&P exams that I was fine with the evidence I had submitted. I knew I told the whole truth and had the information to back it. Well I got called yesterday I am 100% permenant and total with a lump sum of $43,868. I had them wire the money to my wife's bank account as I do not have one of my own. I am not sure how long it willl take to get the money. By the way the QTC doctor added 26 more conditions to my claim. I had them removed along with individual unemployability because I felt confident in what I was saying being thre truth. I am a first time go at this station. I have been told it is faster to wire the money but I am not sure how fast. We shall see.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got called yesterday I am 100% permenant and total with a lump sum of $43,868. I had them wire the money to my wife's bank account as I do not have one of my own. I am not sure how long it willl take to get the money.

I have been told it is faster to wire the money but I am not sure how fast. We shall see.

First off - Congrats.

I don't know that this will actually happen - in regards to your VA comp money being "wired" to an account.

I see no way for VA to justify the fee that would accompany this type of action.

http://www.va.gov/opa/publications/benefits_book/benefits_chap02.asp

"Receiving Disability Benefit Payments Most veterans receive their disability benefit payments by direct deposit to a bank, savings and loan or credit union account. Other veterans may still be receiving benefits by paper check. Compensation and pension beneficiaries can establish direct deposit through the Treasury’s Go Direct helpline. Call toll-free 1-800-333-1795, or enroll online at

www.GoDirect.org.

Veterans also have the option of receiving their benefits via a prepaid debit card, even if they do not have a bank account.

There is no credit check, no minimum balance required, and basic services are free. To sign up for the debit card program,

call toll-free 1-888 544-6347."

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use