Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80% To Iu

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

On e-benefits my claim for IU has finally went to the under review which is after the claim received statues. How long does a claim for IU take?

I'm still trying to get better and been really tempted to try the temp services again for work, but I been told that one day of work would mess up my IU claim and that I need to stop and think about if it is worth trying to work at a temp service and passing on IU.

After thinking about it I feel that IU is my best course of action. What would you guys and gals do? Work when you can or go for IU? My last job was over a year ago and couldn't get myself to walk through the doors to work.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have that much trouble, and it's PTSD, I would pursue TDIU, if you can continue to survive on your current income rate. I believe you could continue to work sporadically, without hurting your IU claim but that's your choice. jmo

pr

Had my PTSD C&P for IU today. It was different. 2 hours long, lots of questions, and a 354 true/false form. It was a little odd. He asked me to describe each one of my family members including my 2 month old son. Asked me what type of shows/pc games I played. As usual I felt like I was being tested and trying to be caught in a lie or something. The questions were like, "whats your favorite type of PC game?" "what PC game is your favorite?" "What is the best part about that PC game?" The funny thing is a lot of the true/false questions actually fit me. Like if I make sexual jokes or find myself referencing normal things to sex, or how do I do waiting in line or having someone cut in line... Well I'll cross my fingers for a IU rating.

So I haven't seen my C&P report but I was told by my social worker that the VA doctor that did my C&P said I have some form of schizophrenia that may have been present before the trauma but was aggravated or activated by the trauma. Well I totally disagree with it and I do NOT hear or see things that are not there but whatever I guess. Does this BS hurt my claim for IU?

• HadIt.com Elder

If the doctor says you have schizophrenia that was aggravated by service it does not matter if he believes you see little pink mice as long as you get IU and it is P&T. When servicemen first started showing up with PTSD after Vietnam the VA would DX them with schizophrenia because they did not have a medical DX for a thing called PTSD.