Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made Today

Rate this topic

midnight340

Below is a copy of a post I made in VA Benefits and Research forum. As a result of the actions described, I received an IRIS email today saying that a decision was made TODAY and I was moved to Notification phase. Now I wait for the mail or a deposit.

Update on my initial PTSD/+other conditions claim at just short of one year at VARO:

I knew this would be slow, especially after finding the hadit site, so have been trying to be patient. Claim went in Feb 2011, finally got C&P first of November. Claim went to rating board November 17. I sent copies of bankruptcy and foreclosure along with my request to expedite due to hardship.

After a month or so, I began sending IRIS requests to my VARO (Wichita, KS) for updates. Each response (which seemed to respond directly to my questions) told me clearly that my claim had been "flagged to expedite due to hardship." That would be at least four IRIS responses.

After 2 1/2 months my PCT group therapist put me in touch with a very good American Legion service officer. He gave me the number of a American Legion representative at my VARO and she went to check on my file. She called me back, saying that the VA people were very sorry, but my file had never been "properly flagged" for the hardship.

So she took it to a supervisor and told me I should know something in "2-3 weeks." That it should be started on by tomorrow at the latest. I will call back on Monday to double check that it really is being worked on.

My claim was started for me through the Kansas Commission on Veteran's Affairs, then I took over when I got here.

My deep thanks to a couple of very good American Legion folks!!!!!!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use