Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made Today

Rate this topic

midnight340

Great news...Congratulations! Hope things can improve for you and I'm sure this will help. Seek out therapy for the PTSD...down this road myself so I understand what you're going through. Best wishes for you going forward.

LC

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Your being pro-active is what made this happen for you. The VA left your hardship request sitting in someone's inbox gathering dust until you started make noise. They really don't give a &^^%$ since it is not their house going into forclosure and their car going back via repo.

I am so glad for you. I really need help. I started my claim with the VA on May of 2010. They posted it on Ebenefits on July 25, 2010. I retired from the Military on August 31,2010 spending over 23 years of active years plus several years of

Reserve time.. I suffered several service connected injuries while in the Military to include blindness of my left eye. All of my disabilities are service connected and all documents have been sent to the VA. Most of my disabilities have been

and continue to be treated by the VA. I have been granted my Social Security Benefits due to my service connected disabilities. I am and have been in the pre-dicision stage since July 2011, could anyone out there please give me some

advise on what to do next? On July of 2011 I also sent the VA a letter of Hardship due to being in danger of losing my home. I was told by the VA to send them the letter and they would try to rush the process, but as I can clearly see that

it really didn't make a difference, I just don't know what to do next. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Aggie54, I don't know what VARO you are dealing with. Maybe you could do a post here mentioning your VARO to see if anyone knows how backed up they are. (I think they are all way behind... and slow)

The only advice I could offer that might help is:

1) Make sure they have all the information that you can give them on your conditions.

2) If you are confident they have everything, ask that they rate it with the information they have.

3) Send an IRIS email reminding them that you claim is requested to be flagged for hardship and stating how long it has been.

4) Send any documentation you have to show your financial troubles.

5) Send an IRIS email about every two weeks asking for an update.

...and maybe most importantly,

6) Talk to anyone you can find at your VA med center or mental health center, DAV or Am. Legion, and try to find out who is really good at helping vets with claims. From this forum, I gather than a lot of the service officers are not much help. But some are. Try to find someone who gets results. Go to them and explain your situation, see if they can help.

7) You have waited long enough, keep on them, write letters (with delivery confirmation) and with IRIS emails.

Good luck. If you start a post with all your details asking for help, people here will give you advice.

Today I was able to reach the American Legion lady who is apparently located at my VARO... the one who helped me get my claim moving as I related earlier in this thread.

I got a confirmation that the IRIS email last Friday was indeed correct, a decision was made then.

As of today, I was told that the decision had been reviewed and "authorized" and that it was in the hands of someone who is generally very prompt in getting his notices out. A letter had not gone out today yet, so she estimated that I might hear by Monday.

She did not have any information on her computer yet as to what the decision was. (The only hopeful sense I get from this is that in all likelihood a denial would not have to be "authorized"... but I am grasping at straws here....) Wish me luck.

I will let everyone know as soon as I hear something. The claim may yet squeak in under one year's time.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use