Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Qualified For E-Benefits !

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

I have talked to the people at E-Benefits and they tell me I can't sign up for E-Benefits because I don't receive any compensation. I am at 0% SC. I thought I saw a post from someone that was on E-Benefits and they were 0%.

They tell me when I receive at least 10% they will be happy to sign me up.

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't know if this might post with a bunch of computer code in it or not.

Are you registered at myhealthevet ?

https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/anonymous.portal?_nfpb=true&_nfto=false&_pageLabel=registrationHome&WT.ac=splash_register_rightCol_box

Maybe something here will help :

https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal?_nfpb=true&_nfxr=false&_pageLabel=RegistrationRequirements

What You Need to Get an Account

• You must be registered in DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) to be eligible for a DS Logon.
  • You must have a DS Logon (DoD Self-Service Logon) to log in to eBenefits.
  • For a Basic DS Logon you can apply online through eBenefits.
  • For a Premium DS Logon you must verify your identity in person.

While many Veterans, Service Members, and family members already have a DS Logon, others do not. Your best path to getting a DS Logon depends on several variables. These include whether you’ve separated from the service, have a credential like a CAC card or myPay Account, and other factors.

About DEERS
    • Enrollment in DEERS is automatic for service members and veterans who have served since 1982. Those who served prior to 1982 are being added from VA/DoD records.
    • Issues with DEERS might include not being registered, or having a name change that is not recorded in DEERS.
    • If you have questions about DEERS, visit the eBenefits FAQs page and type deers in the search box. If a FAQ for your question does not exist, you can use the Ask a Question link on that page, which sends your question to the VA's Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS).

About DS Logon
      • DS Logon is managed by the Department of Defense’s Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC).
      • DS Logon is a federated identity credential accepted by several VA and DoD websites, including TRICARE, My HealtheVet, myDoDBenefits, and eBenefits.
      • DS Logon requires enrollment in the Defense Eligibility Enrollment and Reporting System (DEERS).
      • DS Logon usernames take the following form: firstname.lastname. Some usernames may also include numbers.
      • DS Logon passwords expire after 150 days.
      • DS Logon accounts are deactivated after 12 months of inactivity.
      • If you have questions about DS Logon, visit the eBenefits FAQs page and type ds logon in the search box. If a FAQ for your question does not exist, you can use the Ask a Question link on that page, which sends your question to the VA's Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS).

Types of DS Logon Account

You can get either a Basic (Level 1) or Premium (Level 2) DS Logon account.
        • Compare the benefits of Basic vs Premium Accounts

To find your best path to getting a DS Logon, try the following:

• Read the options for getting a Premium Account to see how to register.
          • Contact the eBenefits Help Desk at 1-800-983-0937, Monday - Friday, 8 am to 8 pm EST for help figuring out which approach will be easiest for you.
          • Visit the VBA’s Facebook page to read comments from veterans and responses from the VA on how to register.
          • Visit the eBenefits Social Media page, or use your search engine to find online forums. Many Veteran-focused forums discuss eBenefits, and some of the participants have helpful advice on how to work through the process of getting a DS Logon.
          • About getting verified in person for a Premium DS Logon

[*]You can be verified in person at either a VA Regional Office (VARO) or TRICARE Service Center (TSC).

[*]We recommend that you first register for a Basic Account online then upgrade to a Premium Account when you get verified in person at a VARO or TSC. When you have a Basic Account already, your upgrade is immediate.

[*]You can go in person to request a Premium Account without first getting a Basic Account, but you will have to wait 7-12 business days to receive your DS Logon activation code via the US mail.

[*]When you go to get verified in person, you will need take the following items with you:

[*]One primary form of government identification (with a photograph) and a secondary form of identification (with or without photograph).

[*]Proof of your current mailing address, if your ID is not current (acceptable items include a mortgage voucher, rent voucher, or utility bill).

[*]Original DD-214 (if separated before 1982).

[*]To find your nearest VA Regional Office use the VA Facility Locator.

[*]To find your nearest facility, use the Service Center Locator in your region:

[*]One primary form of government identification (with a photograph) and a secondary form of identification (with or without photograph).

[*]Proof of your current mailing address, if your ID is not current (acceptable items include a mortgage voucher, rent voucher, or utility bill).

[*]Original DD-214 (if separated before 1982).

[*]North Region Service Center Locator or call 1-877-874-2273

[*]South Region Service Center Locator or call 1-800-444-5445

[*]West Region Service Center Locator

[*]Use the TRICARE Region Map to find your TRICARE region.

https://ebenefits.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1668/kw/ds%20log%20in/related/1

Published 12/07/2010 09:50 AM | Updated 12/07/2010 09:52 AM

What are the requirements for getting a Basic eBenefits account?

To get a Basic account, you must meet the following requirements:

· You must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).

Enrollment in DEERS is automatic for all service members and veterans who have served since 1982. Those who served prior to 1982 are being added from VA/DoD records.

· You must have a DoD Self-Service Logon (DS Logon). A DS Logon is an identity (user name and password) that is accepted by various DoD and VA self-service websites. If you are already registered in DEERS, you are eligible for a DS Logon. Once you have a DS Logon, it's valid for the rest of your life.

Note: If you register for a Basic account, we will automatically provide you with a DS Logon.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I have talked to the people at E-Benefits and they tell me I can't sign up for E-Benefits because I don't receive any compensation. I am at 0% SC. I thought I saw a post from someone that was on E-Benefits and they were 0%.

They tell me when I receive at least 10% they will be happy to sign me up.

Somebody told you wrong. I have no sc and I am on ebenefits checking everyday. Go to your Regional Office they will sign you up

I do have a myhealthyvets account. I order my prescriptions on line through them. I signed up for E-benefits a couple months ago and they gave me a Level 1 sign up password. But I can't access it and the message says something like " not authorized to access this web site". I've called E-benefits several times and they tell me I can't access the site because I have to be a Level 2 and can't get a Level 2 because you have to be at least 10% SC to get an account.

I don't live very close to the RO and it would be dificult for me to get there. Sounds to me to be the typical VA BS.

I went to a VA clinic and show my ID when I was on level 1 and now on Level 2. You do not have to have SC to get on ebenefits

I started out with a Premium level 2 account. When I got my letter couldn't get logged in because Deers had wrong birthdate. Faxed that to them. Had cust svc on phone and they were nice and gave me premium acct. then.

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

Thanks for all the replies. After hearing from several people that are SC at 0% , like me, that are signed up for E-benefits, I called back to the E-Benefits number and got a different person. They gave me the address of a VA Benefits office in the city that I live close to. The guy told me that all I need is 2 forms of ID and they would be happy to sign me up.

Just goes to show you that you will get a different response from each different person you talk to. Of course, I could ask the ridiculous question.....why didn't the first person I talked to tell me this the first time. And of course, I have to tell myself that they are VA employees....nuff said.

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!