VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stressed Over Stressor Letter; Near Done; Advice?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

After too many years a 4 page stressor letter near done; any last minute advice?

Letter organized with miitary history, major stressors; attachments lettters,reports, diagnosis,Cfile.SMR etc.

Thanks and pray for me..cg

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Wings excellent advice. As we all know once it goes in your C File it is buried forever cause hardly anyone at VA reads the file

There is a "privacy act" that is supposed to safeguard our C-Files. Under the "freedom of information act", the veteran would have to sign a release of information for anything in that File to be shared outside of the VA. The C-File is almost never routinely sent even to the VA medical centers, so nobody is gonna read that stressor letter after the initial PTSD Comp Exam. I imagine that when a veteran dies, and once there are no other claims filed for dependent benefits, the vets C-File makes it's way to St. Louis for permanent storage. After that, only the "next of kin" can request specific information in C-File, like DD-214 and other formal documents. I am not ashamed to think of my children or grandchildren being privy to my military history one day . . . I am certain my future family will be compassionate with my biography ;-) Other than that, Pete's right, you can hardly MAKE them read somethin once, much less a second time LOL! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't know what the "cover letter" is all about . . . but you can call them on Monday at he 1-800# and tell them it's on the way lol! BREATHE sister BREATHE ;-) ;-) ~Wings

Guest anfrnkie

before you call the 888#go to goodle check 38 3;159,wings gave a good piece of information on ptsd however it doesn,t state a few cfr under 3;159 we all need help and helping each other is the only way we can address each topic with up to date information,i went back to 1952,on ptsd,i was only granted ptsd! 100% in 2003,since va sent me this 3.159, i have proved va wrong,you have nothing to lose by reading 3;159 i