VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Goverment So Cheap

Rate this topic

Just as I said VA cheap. They might prove me wrong, I go last week to the Va clinic to see the Heme-onc. This to see if thet would give Zytiga for my PC. They yes if I would come in for blood test. Where do I sign up. One month cost $5,600 America Money.

But I have not got this yet!

Teac, You are about the Simvastation 40 mg , but mine are a prefect break everytime. NOT

VA is Cheap, look in the dictionary under cheap , and said " term for VA Hospital"

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pill cutter is such a wonderful device. It cuts the 25 mg Carvedilol so I can take the 12.5 mg in the morning and evening.

There is one problem, I lose about .5 to 1 mg every time I cut the pill. It fall apart. I try to keep all the piece's, but then it hard to put all the piece's together for 12.5mg

In a month's time i will loose 1 pill or more to this conditions. So each month I take from the next month pills!!!wacko.png It no big deal, it's only my blood pressure medicineblink.png

Did I say the Government is so Cheap!

• HadIt.com Elder

They send you to a combat zone and as an extra bonus the VA, and government spits in your face and cheats you on nickles and dimes. All existing governments and administrations are the same only some are worse.

• HadIt.com Elder

About 4 years ago, I found a pill spliter that was given to my wife at one of her doctor appoints at BAMC. I had never received a prescription that required me to split a pill, so I asked my wife what was this.. and she explained that she had to cut her pills in half. She also indicated, but they never cut equally and often times crumble.. so she didn't think she was getting the proper dose.

Some time later my va doc prescribed me simvastatin 40MG and it stated take 1/2 tablet at bedtime.. problem was I never received a pill spliter. My wife gave me her's to use and half of the time the pills crumble...

Now recently the doctor lowered my script to 20MG and take 1/2 half at bedtime.... wait a minute why was I getting 40MG tabs before if they have 20MG tabs ( thats the stupity of the va)

The 20MG tabs are oval shapped, are coated and have no score lines.... have you ever tried to split a small oval pill in half? it doesn't work very well especially if you have arthritis it is almost impossible to pick up the pill before it is split, and split is so small just falls out of the cutter.. I think I'll just toss them in the trash.. with my lung problems I am more apt to die from lack of oxygen than I am from to much cholesterol.

As to that va tech assement program that was posted.. It was generated in Boston.. Texas is not likely to abide by it.

Consider this - - -

A higher dosage (double) pill has only a small if any price increase. In some cases, it may actually be cheaper.

If a veteran must pay "co-pay", the rate is based upon a 30 day supply. So, the VA can collect twice the co-pay for

the same number of pills. To the best of my knowledge, the VA has never implemented provisions that allow for "reduced co-pay"

in the pill splitting area. The VA also doesn't let such things as pill coatings, extended release, approved use, drug licensing, etc. stand in the way.

I recently tried to get the local VAMC to provide some light on the matter.

What I found was that the pill splitting bit is based upon local "initiative" policy, whatever that is, and there were supposedly no documents defining a "standard policy".

Evidently, the VAMC chief pharmacist calls the shots. What I'd bet is that getting my hands on a written list, and making it public is not considered in the VAMCs best interest.

• HadIt.com Elder

It really should be the person taking the meds call not the VA's. If a Veteran wants to split pills that is there business. I can see someone who makes copays wanting that choice but I don't want to split pills.