VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Review Stage

Rate this question

dittybopper

Question

Just got my e-benefits up and looking at the status it said it is in the review stage and they are saying they have all the evidence they need. So my question what is next for this claim ? Also if they are saying they have all the info they need, is this a positive sign.? thanks in advance

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

It's certainly not bad, but they can at any time decide they want more information. My claim was in Review stage for 12 months before it went to the next stage.

After review, the next step in "preparing for a decision"....however claims can jump back and forth...so it's not always a linear path.

Hang in there....

Travis

• HadIt.com Elder

I wonder just what review status really means or is it just a holding stage before claims are rated?

A stage that the VA puts the claim in to give the veterean a false feeling that something is happening, The VA can have as many stages as they want. But the only stage that the member should be concerned about is when you actually have the decision in hand with retro in the bank.

Trust me. With all that has gone on with my claims with the VA for years, I no longer look at a stage as something that is meaningful for me. They can say it is in the review stage, and the next morning you can find a hefty bank deposit from the VA.

Hey Dittybopper. It's Hamdude from VBN. I just would like for it (my claim) to move somewhere. It has not changed since I submitted it. Just building more evidence for my NOD, """IF""" they ever award my first bunch. The info that is on these forums is great. Sure helped me to understand how things work. Still waitng like all the rest.

Yeah, I agree with all the responses thus far to your questions. My claim has been in the review of evidence stage since Dec 12, 2011. Ebenefits is great in theory but...too much depends on the updates the RO puts in. It has been my experience that the info on the website is not very accurate or updated often enough by the RO. Until the VA holds someone's feet to the fire about making timely updates as cases move from stage to stage, the status shown should be taken with a grain of salt. I don't want to be pessimistic or get you down- just the way the system is right now. Some things you can do to monitor your claim is:

1. Check ebenefits for any updates

2. Check ebenefits Letter Generator. Sometimes vets have seen AB8 letters showing a new rating before hearing anything from the VA...could be a good sign that a decision package is in the works.

3. Check your bank account for deposits.

4. Call the VA at 1-800-827-1000 for status update. Don't be surprised if the person isn't able to help much!

5. Send an IRIS message for a status update. Request an email update and print it for your records.

6. Find something to occupy your time. That's the BEST advice I've ever gotton so I'm passing it along. It is way too stressful to worry daily over this process. It is what it is and I totally understand the frustration and feelings of helplessness you are experiencing...

Best of luck to you and hope things end up well. Prepare a good honest case with as much evidence as you can, verify that the VA has received the evidence, and put it in a higher power's hands.

LC