Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Life Out Of Houston Varo?

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

Well, I called my vso at the Houston Dav and to my surprise I not only got someone on the phone but she also transferred me to my vso! I was told my claim was given to a second rater on Jan. 25. I asked if he thought they would complete by Mar. 1 and he said "yes". Any suggestions as to why given to 2nd rater? I'm just elated that there is life @ Houston RO.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

On my first time to get rated they went thru a second rater because of the condition, Maybe it could be possible they want be fair and give you the most they can give.

Do you beleive that, nope not me. But on the very good side is that it is with the RATER!smile.png

It could mean many things, for example:

1. It was a rookie rater, and needs a supervisor to sign off on it...probably not good, but maybe ok.

2. It could be a STAR or administrative review. Could be good or bad.

3. It could be EAP,( which the VA does not admit to happening), as EAP equals CUE. This means there is a lot of retro, and needs multiple signatures. The court struck it down but the VA still does it secretly, by a different name. http://thomasandrewslaw.blogspot.com/2010/08/macklem-eap-equals-cue.html

My stuff is at the Houston RO, but it is being worked on the third shift I was told, found out there is no third shiftsmile.png ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Papa

Very good info! This is my initial claim. I filed Jan 23, 2011 w/ 7 contentions plus Tdiu. I was advised by a Vso before she transferred from Houston to NM to submit Tdiu. I'm definitely glad there is activity with my claim. My mindset prior to this was "HOUSTON.....We Have A Problem!"