Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Going South...how To Do This?

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I want to go to Texas to see my Grandchildren. However, what if the VA sends me a letter for a C and P exam and I miss it while I am gone?

I cant forward the mail, as I probably will only be gone 3 weeks or so, but what if they send me a letter notifying me of an exam, and I dont get it? Will they reduce me?

Thanks...

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You can send in a 21-4138 stating somthing to the effect; Please note that I will be out of town from ( ) to ( ) attending to family matters, please contact me by phone prior to scheduling my C & P or please schedule my C & P between ( ) and ( ) or after ( ) upon my return. Thank you.

Really?????

This is nothing to worry about.. I don't know of any case were a veteran was notified of a c/p exam that was scheduled within a month of the notification... also if you were to miss a c/p exam because you did not receive a letter in time, all you have to do is call or write a letter to explain the situtation. The VA is not going to reduce any compensation immediately after an exam is missed, they must notify you and inform you of your rights before anything happends......

I know there are "snow birds" who live in one place in the winter and another in the summer, especially retireds. I was curios if any of them knew how to deal with the possibility that the VA calls you for an exam, sends you a letter and you dont find out about it. Has anyone tried changing their address temporarily at the VA?

Frankly, I am concerned the VA will mess it up, because they seem to have messed up almost everything I have ever put in for.

If they treated their employee/executive pay with all the "glitches" they do Veterans, they would not have anyone to work there. People would get mad having their pay delayed, oh..say 3 years. They would put up with a 3 week delay, but never 3 years. There would be riots in the streets.

Sometimes I dont know why that does not happen at the VA. They have just gotten Veterans to "lower your standards" versus everyone else.

I spent last summer in Montana, this winter in Arizona, and I am about to head for Oregon.

It gets confusing getting address changes right with the varying levels of service.

One service worth its cost is a mail forwarder who scans your mail so you can read it online.

I've had to divert back to towns or remain in towns days longer than desired trying to get General Delivery mail - very frustrating.

The service I use is http://www.earthclassmail.com/ , costs about $20 a month and they can forward packages (VA prescriptions etc) so it is well worth it.

smile.png

Sometimes I go abroad for a few months and have the same worries. I don't have it and is not sure, but can't you log into Ebenefits and find out all your VA mailings? In addition, you can call your serving VA hospital and get a run down on all your future appointments.

I have to agree with Donna. I had QTC contact me on a Wed. and ask me if I could make it the following Tue. to which I said yes. Not much notice, but I went and arrived 1 hour ahead of time. Also the Va appt center will not have a QTC appt listed.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper