Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Special Operations Claims Team?

Rate this question

GoldDvlDog

Question

Hey all its me again lol. My claim is at the houston office for18 months now and the 1800 number told me my claim is with the special operations processing team. Yet no one at the 1800 number knew what that means and they told me to call the regional office to find out but when you call them it redirects you back to the 1800 number.... My question is does anyone know what the "special operations claims processing team" is exacttly?? I was told this is not the regular processing team thou.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ok i was contacted by the va in regards to this.. the va s.o. has nothing to do with secret squirel stuff lol every va has one of these teams they are just called different things. In houston office its a team of ops supervisors who can expite or investigate prolonged claims and can even give rateings.

My claim was just sent to houstons Special Ops team on Monday. I am not sure what exactly that means either but I know that there is one. It is hard to keep my head up about this each day, I am the "why?" and the "what if" person. My therapy groups try teaching me to not think that way but I can't help it. I spiral so much that it is a normal part of my day and has been for years since my event occured, just now I have a name for it. I didn't know about ptsd or that anyone cared about victims of mst. I carry a lot of anger, frustration and resentment and I know getting even a very favorable rating will bring me the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's not a magic wand. I wish it were though. I wonder if we could sit down and talk to these rating people, could they figure things out a little faster. Right now, we are just pieces of paper, opinions from Dr's and such written down on paper. There is no humanity in trying to see us and who we are from a paper. I say we need more of a voice, we need a chance to talk in group or individually to these raters so they can know who the soldier, marine, sailors and airmen are.. If you are like me, then you have never left the service. You know.. you can take a person out of the military but you can't take the military out of the person. Something always remains whether it's good a/or bad.

each VARO has their own "Special operations teams" these are individuals that have been taken from their primary duties and placed on a special team to handle a certain issue, like back log of claims.

Our special operations team handles mst, homeless, terminal, pow, and terminal claims.

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/7555/segmented-lanes/

"Special Operations: All claims that require special handling because of their nature (examples are Post Traumatic Stress Disorder associated with Military Sexual Trauma, former Prisoners of War, Traumatic Brain Injury)."

Edited by T8r