VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Celebration Indeed-100% P&t Granted In 5 Months 1 Day!

Rate this topic

I wanted to let ya'll hear the great news!! Rockman filed a claim on 09/29/11. It re-opened his 02/22/10 original claim.

He filed for the following:

1) increase- his 60% IHD and how it has gotten worse

2) increase- his 30% PTSD and how he is worse

3) TDIU- he had to quit his job on 08/05/11.

4) Pulmonary Hypertension (claimed as hypertension in 2010). We thought that it would be secondary to his IHD.

The C& P doc asked if we had applied for A& D, so I assume this was in her notes of the exam.

He is 10% for shrapnel- lower back.

He is 0% for his fractured right forth rib. They have put in his notes that he does have degenerative disc disease.

By the time that we realized that we needed a release of information form from his chiropractor- we were afraid that it would send the entire claim back to square one. We decided to wait on it when the dust settles. He goes to his chiropractor once to twice a month.

They increased his IHD to 100%.

They increased his PTSD to 70%. NO more exams.

They gave him the extra for being housebound.

They denied his pulmonary hypertension

They said that TDIU was a moot point, since he was awarded 100%P&T.

The VA Award Letter was dated 03/02/12 and the money landed in the bank on 03/06/12!!

We have already filed for a waiver on his insurance, and applied for more.

We have filed a waiver on our property tax.

We have sent in the papers for CHAMPVA.

We have gone to the National Guard Amory to get out ID cards and all we have to do now is go to Millington, TN. and get our car decals.

We already have our two Purple Heart car tags with no fees.

WHAT A GREAT RELIEF AND A GOOD FEELING!! This has lifted such a great burden off both of our shoulders I CANNOT EXPLAIN.

Our medical insurance had just ended on 02/10/12 with his old employer.

I AM SO THANKFUL THAT VA HONORED MY HUSBAND, ROCKMAN, WHILE HE IS STILL LIVING. That was so important to me that he knows this and not given to him after he had passed.

This along with getting SSDI in 37 days- we are truly fortunate.

I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU HADIT MEMBERS FOR BEING THERE AND GIVING US THE SUPPORT AND THE TOOLS WE NEED TO GO THROUGH THIS JOURNEY. WHAT A WONDERFUL SITE AND I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH THANK YOUS AND LET YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WE DO APPRECIATE YOU ALL!!

We still have some things we need to research about and things Rockman needs to address with his illness, but we need to take a little breather and have a little "us time"!!

With his illness, it is hard sometimes, but this helps put a smile on his face and I hope one day that they will find a cure for pulmonary fibrosis.

God Bless all you you!

Mrs. Rockman

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW, There is a Angel watching over y'all. Now try to injoy life, maybe a cruise, fishing, or just breath.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use