Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va System Can Be So Confusing...

Rate this question

Ethan'sGrandma

Question

Gosh, just when I thought my claim was going to go on and move forward, already, for another set of eyes to look at it, since it was heading to BVA, I got a last minute call for a new C&P. I find the system so confusing and wonder if this is just another delay? I'm grateful that I will be given the new exam as I'd rebutted the last one as inadequate and VA had to have seen that with matters of record not matching the examiner's report, but they'd not responded prior to now, except to say that the claim was soon to be certified to BVA, but yesterday I get the call for a C&P appointment for Monday. I can't help but wonder what occurred for them to take a step back. I know that many agree that it's best to have the claim at VARO, but for as long as they'd been messing around with my claim, dubiously I might say, I was glad to know that it would be moving on. Now, I have the upcoming C&P and another one that I saw on ebenefits that has been scheduled for April. Monday's one is for a complete overall exam according to the information I obtained from the woman that called me to set it up. The one for April is with a psychologist. The one that I had previously was with a psychiatrist which was the one I disagreed was adequate. Is anyone familiar with these types of changes in how a claim is handled...going to BVA, but then resending for C&P's? Then, in today's mail I get the letter showing the exam appointments, plus notification that "we are working on your claim," even as previously I was informed the claim would soon be certified to BVA. I would appreciate any/all feedback, please. Thank you!!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The C&P's pretty much have to be current less than a year old or they have seen something that needs clarification.

That is my opinion no one really knows why the VA does anything. In the old days it also could be a fishing expedition.

When you see a psychologist my suggestion is to stay in the time of service and now when answering questions. Most people over 40 or 50 had childhoods that involved some hard times and things. If you passed the mental to get in you should not have to worry about childhood problems,

Example were you abused as a child my answer truthfully was no more than most of my friends. I went to Catholic Schools and beating were part of going for most boys and my Dad was a believer in spare the rod spoil the child. Just my two cents.

Last don't lie