VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Benefits Questionnaires

No matter what the studies are for any given condition, the doc's must support with full

medical rationale that this is specifically for the claimant and not necessarily for the public in general.

The doc has to relates it specifically, directly to the claimant.

That is why the veteran will require their doctor to write a NEXUS letter. Most doctors will not do it. You can also get a Nurse Practioner or Physical Assistant to write it as well. Better yet, you write it and bring in the supporting documentation. Have the doc's admin assistant put it on his/her letter head and ask them to sign it. If your going to have more than one provider sign the statement, have more than one NEXUS letter written up. If the VA believes it's a form letter, they will put little value on it.

• 1 year later...

I have a question relating to DBQ's.  I am currently receiving 10% for thoracolumbar spine strain that was initially issued in 2010 when I left the Navy.  Since then it has become worse and I have been seeing a spine Dr and receiving injections for it.  My ROM has decreased in my back.  I used the DAV and I applied for an increase and went in for the scheduled appointment at a VA contracted Dr here in Dallas.  He took my measurements and asked his questions.  I get my results back from the VA and they deny my increase because the Dr said I had 100% ROM with no problems.  This was not the case as I didnt have full ROM during the measurements.  After discussing this screwup with the DAV, they told me to have my Dr fill out the same DBQ and send it in.  He said this is better and quicker than an Appeal.  The ROM measurements that my Spine Dr took puts me at 20%.   I resubmitted my DQB to the DAV in Nov and was wondering how long does this usually take and if it is really quicker than an Appeal.  Thanks   

This is a really old thread, you would be better served making a new post.  The short answer to your question is maybe.  Not very helpful, I know.  I have a healthy distrust for the parasitic organizations that "help us with our claims."  They promise everything and rarely deliver on anything but aiding in the delays of claims.  the TexVet Rep probably added at least 6 months to my claim, maybe even longer, with their poor advice.  If you have the capacity, work it yourself.  Getting something from your Doc IS good advice, take it, and then take my advice and start learning all of this for yourself (your own best advocate is you) and take ownership of your claim, you will quickly see that these 'vet orgs' have a huge turnover and any 'good ones' there quickly get overwhelmed and move on.  I also have spinal issues, so I will simply say that it won't get better, not really, so this is a fight you will be involved in for a long time, on and off.  Search thru the posts here and get educated, keep asking questions and try and stay ahead of your issues since there is long delays in this process.  Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I was rated ZERO on my heart many years ago.  Recently, I have had some heart races, skips and angina.  So, I have gone from taking nothing to taking a baby asprin, Verapamil for heart skips, Metoprelol for high BP and heart problems and finally nitro for angina.  I am getting paid at 100 percent even though I am only 70.  It is unemployability money.  One thing I do NOT have it T and P so my wife does not get CHAMPUSVA....I was wondering if I would be opening up a can of worms if I applied for a raise in my heart service connection.  Any advice?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use