VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ilp Program

Rate this question

Guest rickb54

Question

Guest rickb54

Just got back from meeting with vocational rehabilitation ILP represenative. Was told before anything could be approved it had to go to wash dc, because of shortage of funds... anyone else ever herl of this? So now it has been 16 months since I requested the program and still nothing.... the va sucks

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Rick I was told the same thing last July I had to wait until they signed the new budget in December and I called the Voc Rehab guy and got everything I wanted in Feb computer camera etc, I have the paperwork innow for some other stuff but since my claim has been approved the funds are in a VISA card account that he uses for each veteran. When they approve you for the ILP program they allocate so much per vet, at least that is what the lady at the college bookstore told me about it when I went to pick up the computer the VA ordered.

• HadIt.com Elder

I gave up on the bastards and bought my own stuff. I like it better the Voc Rehab wanted me to email him every day.

• HadIt.com Elder

Is the "ILP" the same as the "ILS" program or am I making a mistake here ??

I was going to sign up for that ... but I keep forgetting to do so.

My SO ... is really not too happy to help someone, with anything, once they hit 100%.

He is a nice guy, but super over worked with a foot high of new files piled on his desk every day.

I might just file for the ILS or is it the ILP program ???

Do they have to come to your house ?? I don't really want the VA in my home.

Can this be done on line or do you have to have to go to the VARO to do it.

Mike H. encouraged me ask about a program like this (a long time ago) at the VARO and they told me that it had been discontinued.

Sorry to ask these questions ... but my brain can't remember at the moment.

... magoo .. aka .. Bill ... :)

• HadIt.com Elder

Bill

ILS program is through Voc Rehab. I found it was not worth the effort of going through it after I qualified. All I wanted was music lessons and the VA made a big deal out of it.

Guest rickb54

Mr. Magoo,

actually It is ILSP Independant living service program.......

John & Pete,

It is worth it for me if I get what I need, becuse I moved I need a new roll in shower, and widen doors and such, and they will do it under this program, as well as give me the tools for a workshop. The counselor told me that I should get everything I ssked for but that the funds have to be approved by Washington DC. She still did not write the plan though......