VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thanks, Pete! Simple, Effective Advice...

Rate this topic

justrluk

I just wanted to thank Pete53 for some simple yet effective advice. I was frustrated that my claim hadn't moved even though I was sure all evidence was in. I sent Pete a note, and he made a simple suggestion: send the VARO a note that they should have all the evidence they need and to rate on what they had as soon as possible. Here are the results:

Sent the request to rate in Feb (12) that all evidence should be in and to please rate on the evidence received as soon as possible. My claim (dated 6/10/10) moved to Preparation for Decision on 3/8/12, Pending Decision Approval 3/26/12, Preparation for Notification 3/27/12.

I'm stunned that it actually moved, let alone this quickly. The cynic in me thinks they denied everything and that's why it moved so fast, but I'm hopeful that positive results will come my way. Hopefully, I didn't ditch a positive result for need for immediacy.

I'll post the actual results when I'm notified. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Also, I can't of course guarantee the same results in time and wouldn't recommend this for anyone not sure if all evidence is actually collected.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You have to work your claim and be sure that VA has the evidence that it needs. Many times claims gather dust while the VA waits for evidence it already has. When filling out a claim think about who to put down for treatment. For instance a childhood Doc that never really treated you for anything except to give shots you might not list. The reason is many Docs do not keep records indefinitely and if the VA is waiting for something they can't get your claim will languish.

Good Luck I have a feeling you will get a positive result this time.

Same claim just closed today out of notification (3/28/12). Now, I'm wondering if anything will come from it. If not, it was almost two years of waiting for nothing but delay in my appeal; fingers are crossed, though!

UPDATE: Noticed that my monthly comp dollar amount increased by $99.00, so I guess I'm now getting SMC K? Can't wait until I get the envelope - this is a real nail-biter!

Edited by justrluk

Well, all I can say is "WHAT A WEEKEND"! I received the brown envelope and several $K in retro. I managed to prove Asthma secondary to Humira use. I was thinking all they would grant was 10%, but they granted 30%. I'm still in shock that a claim dated 6/10/10 is finally over, however I'm concerned that the rep that called said they needed one of my son's SSAN. There's also a new claim on eBenefits for dependency, along with another new claim that has no contentions???

Now, all that's left are my appeals, and as I was told they wouldn't progress until the other claims were closed.

Thanks SO much for suggesting using the simple request to rate the claim on the evidence on hand. I am (again) still stunned.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use