Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Examiner Pushed Me...

Rate this question

AFMedic09

Question

Hello! I am new here. When I introduced myself and gave my story I was told I should request a new exame based on inadequate exam. When asked to bend I did, and then the examiner pushed on my back to push me down further. When asked to bend my knees I did, and then she pushed to bend them further. Goes on with neck rotation and all of that....

At the end of my exam she asked if I was in pain, and I told her "I wasn't until you started pushing on me!" She laughed. Clicked "Normal" on everything as far as I could tell. She asked me the same questions and didn't hardly look at me. I had friends who told me to go in there and really "play it up" they told me they went in and when asked to bend over they said "I can't". Well, I didn't do that. I was honest, and then she pushed on me to make me go further...so now I see why they just refused to do the exercises at all. Why would the VA do this to someone who is honestly showing their ROM? And then rate someone who refuses to bend over etc. (even though they can) at 60%? My claim is FINALLY after 15 months in Preparation for Decision phase, and I just want a fair rating.

My claimed conditions are: Migraines/Headaches (New), Hair Loss (New), Back Pain (New), Bilateral Hip Pain (New), Hypertension (New), PTSD/Depression (New), Restless Leg Syndrome (New), Bilateral Knee Pain (New), Thumb Pain (New), TVT Bladder Sling (New), C-Section Scars (New), Anemia (New), Vision Changes (Secondary), Allergies (New), Gynecology/Urology (New), Incontinence (New), Bilateral Bursitis (New)

You may see the c-section scars and think "What the heck?!" well, I had my first child vaginally at a teaching hospital - they darn near killed me. After surgical repairs it was determined I should not push for any future children. Therefore, the decision to have c-sections was not my own.

Anyway, I'm not looking for 100%, I just want a fair rating. I don't know if I will get that based on the C&P that I had. I did send in my medical records, so I don't know if that will off set the C&P? I hadn't thought too much about it until this was mentioned here...now I am expecting a 0% and go kick rocks from the VA.... :(

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Do I send a hand written request to the RO for the C&P or to the Gainesville VA clinic where the C&P's were accomlished? Thank you for your help.

File a NOD but get a copy of the C & P Exam, i pretty much had the same thing and the Doc pushed my head down to get the reading she wanted and i have a triple cervical fusion. In the C & P Report states her qualifications and she was a gynecologist doing a C & P Exam of the spine and i stated that in my NOD they immediately sent me for a new exam and got a little higher rating.