VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Predetermination Claim?

Rate this question

silke

Question

Hello all,

On our e-bennies acount under claims status it has an open claim thats simply labeled as "Claim Type: Predetermination"....I have no clue as to what this could be, has anyone ever seen this before?

Thank you all

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

What it sounds like is; The rating you'll receive is only a temporary one untill VA gets all the info they need to close this claim out. Once they receive this info they will re-rate you. What is your claim for?

Coot

I have no claims other than Im awaiting an appointment as fidicuary for my husband...my husband was rated 100% permanent last year, which shows up as closed on ebene's, but there is an imcompetency issue. It would make sense if that was it, but no field agent has shown up yet for a visit and no retro money has been deposited......

The strange thing is that the predetermination claim opened on the day of his comp award (6-27-2011) and just closed yesterday and they sent out a letter....Ill let you guys know what it says if your interested......Have a great weekened!!

Thanks silke, it would be interesting to know what they say, mainly so I can obtain extra knowledge on these type of claims. I'm assuming he's rated for PTSD due to the mentioning of incompetency. Please excuse me silke if you already know the complete rating process, but the last 3 stages/phases of the process are (in order) [1] Pre-determination team where they make sure everything is in order for the rater, such as, C&P exams, evidence, c;file, duty to assist letters, etc. [2] Ratings ​where the RVSR Rating Veterans Service Representative reviews your file and makes a decision on the claim according to the law. [3] Post-determination team where the information is entered in the system and a letter of decision sent out.

Hope your not confused as why I stated this. I was thinking this would help to understand some of the process as to the term predetermination comes into the picture. JMO, there seems to be 2 parts of this claim, and since the rating part has already been determined, I'm thinking now the 2nd part has to do with the incompetency issue. So yes, please let me know since I'm curious, and possibly stand to be corrected.lol

Coot

I called the 800 number this morning and the pre-determination claim is for the incompetency issue, I will have to wait to get the decision letter to get any more information. I asked about these types of claims and they said, generally speaking, a "predetermination" claim can mean several different things. They could be proposing a rating of incompetence for VA purposes,

they could be proposing a reduction in VA benefits, they could be proposing to remove or add a specific dependent from the Veteran's award, etc....those were the examples they game me.......I suggested they make this a bit more clear on E-bennies. Thank you for your time and service Cooter!.......have a great day!

Thanks silke for the info! I'm with you, clarifying some of their terminology a little more broader.

Coot