VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Helping An Sf Vet Verify A Stressor.

Rate this question

10thFO

Question

I was in my Vet Group Tuesday, and we have a knew guy. Seems he was a spook. His problem is they cannot verify his stressors. Did a lot of stuff all under cover. Assumed name and the whole bit. Has anyone ever helped someone like this out. All the operations partaken in were never acknowledged. The guy needs help bad.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I was in my Vet Group Tuesday, and we have a knew guy. Seems he was a spook. His problem is they cannot verify his stressors. Did a lot of stuff all under cover. Assumed name and the whole bit. Has anyone ever helped someone like this out. All the operations partaken in were never acknowledged. The guy needs help bad.

Seems like someone needs to create a transcript, take notes or record and type up information. Vet must have family or freinds connections that can validate something, like where he lived, where his paycheck got sent to and who from? etc. If there is a paycheck there is usually a trail, dont ya think?

• HadIt.com Elder

all VARO's have someone cleared to get into "these type" records I never knew anyone who didn't get paid, no one was that undercover

• HadIt.com Elder

Believe it or not if you really want to know about a vet who was in SOG or something like that there are people you can contact in a very indirect way on the net who can help. I was trying to find information on a vet who claimed to have been in the SF's and had done three tours in RVN. I found out he was a fake. Most of the undercover outfits have organizations and get together or have contact with each other. After WWII the German SS had reunions and these guys were war criminals, so I think you can find out information about these guys unless they are frauds. I always get suspicious about someone who claims to have been in SOG or CIA and then wants compensation.

John,

I agree, I have seen a bunch of posers on the internet, and have helped to call out a few people myself. I've got some feelers out on another board and will check on SOCNET with Greenhat. I told him straight up that I would contact some people to help him out, I was just wondering if anyone here dealt with that issue before.

As for someone at the VARO who is able to clarify these issues... I don't know, all I know is that they denied his stressors saying no record of them. I will verify that he was actually in and not a poser before I proceed any further with him.

As for leaving a money trail... he's divorced and I don't think his wife would be very helpful. A couple of his supposed team are still in while one is out. Doesn't SF have a contract where they are not supposed to talk about anything. All I know is that my VET Center counselor confirmed that he had two socials. Will be interesting to see if he's fake or not. If he is it would shock me, it's been awhile since I've seen someone that much in a rage at the VA machine. We had to talk him down before he killed himself or someone else. Makes me think the security at the VA hospital is a joke.

"Has anyone ever helped someone like this out"

Yep- me until I got real smart-

When I hear "I was in secret missions" or "my records involved classified ops in Vietnam"

or "they cannot document my stressors because ----whatever" a Bright red flag goes up with me on this stuff-

I have met some very interesting wannabees. Some are real charmers and others are looking to use the experiences of other vets in Vet center groups to get info that they think they use in their own claims.

Some of them are quite creative! In the past 5 years I have only met about 3 or 4 (and 2 widow wannabees)because when they come to a vets site or start emailing or contacting anyone with real experience with bonafide vets-and they get asked the hard questions- they usually back off.

The problem with these "vets" is that they take up the time of people like you and me-

I have a rule of the thumb-

if a vet wants some help from me ( I see many local vets) on SC-

I ask them two questions.

If they give me a long rendition instead of answering the questions I feel like something is up-

If they answer the 2 questions pretty good I ask to see their DD 214.

If they dont produce it-I dont deal with them anymore.

The VA actually put a wannabee into the Buffalo Combat PTSD program with my husband and other real combat vets.

How this vet got there is beyond me when my husband and the other vets had to wait a long time to get into this inhouse 21 day program.

The guys in the program told me this vet se4emed to be just trying to get out of them stories he could use for his claim.

About a year later this vet called me because they wouldn't pay him 100% temp PTSD.

The VA had figured him out. He was a PTSD wannabee.

Not saying this guy you mentioned is a wannabee- but Vietnam and just about everything up to Nam has been declassiied or anything they missed can be declassified at the NARA in a heartbeat for proof of stressor.

When I worked for the Vet Center we were leary of VA shills- but the VA never did send any shills in that we knew of. They really dont have to- wannabees can be identified by real vets.

And TESTVET is so right-

I had a wannabee in secret ops in Cambodia for months-so therefore no record of his stressors.

When I sat him down to help him file a SF 180 and to ask specifically for his pay records to see where they sent them-as well as his entire personnel file - he got spooked and left.

Guest jstacy

If this person is Legit, Then give him the following advice.

Find a buddy statement from someone who knew the vet and what he did in Service. It would help to find an officer or someone in charge of the unit he was in. Verify the vets DD 214.