VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Attain A Lawyer

kimmig

Question

MY DIC Claim still has not had a decision made. i am wondering if i should go ahead and obtain an attorney before the first initial decision. Knowing VA like i do i have a feeling that there will be a denial of benefits. My husband was 80% service connected, had a back surgery in october for that service connected injury and died three days later at home. He was released from the hospital the day after surgery and two doctors both contracted by the VA prescribed valium,oxy,sleeping tab with a total of 14 prescribed va PRESCRIPTIONS. etc...death certificate states mixed drug intoxication complicatig recent lumbar surgery.

this has devasted my family, it has effected my health and my childrens health also our mental health. my husband was not supposed to die, he was supposed to get better and we had complete faith in the VA.....

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I can never get thru to the 1800 number the DAV wont call me back....i AM at a loss, i know i am not the only one out there going thru this...please help. i have lost my faith in everything...i am a Veteran also....

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I would wait until I got the decision on DIC. If the VA denies it then maybe you ought to hire a lawyer and not just for DIC. Maybe the VA made fatal mistakes in your husband's care. Berta is the person here to ask about this. Berta Simmons is the person you want to talk to on VA malpractice. Back surgery is not supposed to kill you. Put a call out to Berta.

John

he was only 43....he served in the gulf and had just retired in december of 2010. 23 years of military service....his autopsy showed an enlarged liver,heart and spleen...we had no idea...i am just overcome with grief over this...

• HadIt.com Elder

I see you have talked to Berta already. I am confused as to why the VA prescribed oxy and hydrocodone together. Private hospitals and doctors make mistakes also, but nobody F's up like the VA. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.