Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Notice Of New Exam?

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Just received a notice from the VA that a private facility (QTC) will perform an examiniation to determine my current level of disability. They do not say what type of examination, but since I have moved from prepartion of decistion back to gathering evidence, it will be a general examination. The first one was in 2010. Now, they have made me wait over 24 months since the last exam, and now they decide to do another one. I will most likely have to wait another 24+ months, and then get another examination. The VA can do this forever. I will go to this exam, but it really upsets me that they can keep doing this trickery. I do not think they care about my current rate of disability. They, the VA, noticed how old this was, and it was making their time look bad, so to help themselves, they said we will make him do another examination and the time will start anew. They are looking out for themselves, not me. JMHO

Papa

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Papa,

Sorry to here about your troubles with the "hacks" at our V.A. I too am getting the run-a-round. I can't help but think if there is over 900,000 + vets getting jurked around and frankly wished away... Why cant we "900,000" + petition them out of a job, and get our v.a. re vamped this election year. Just thinkin there has to be a better way to get treated fairly by the goverment we all served honorably . Just a old ticked off crew chief. p.s. We have the same interests too I see, good on ya Papa..... all the best. Denmaint7 smile.png

I know that I should not do this, but I called Peggy. However, since I'm sensitive, I get sensitive Peggy. I ask Peggy what this up coming exam is for, she ask if I had called QTC. Yes, I have, and they have no record of it. Ebenefits has no record of it for the next 90 days at least. Peggy said she sees the letter, but it does not identify the type of exam. I ask why not, and she said it was a human error. Glory be!! Told her someone generated this letter for this exam, it did not just appear out of thin air. But, all she would tell me was the Houston RO will respond to me by phone or email. Told her that the Houston RO has not responded to me for anything in the last 20+ years. I will not hold my breathe. But, I did tell Peggy that I did appreciate her hard work and for helping as much as possible. I heard the shredding machine in the backgroundtongue.png . I'm kidding.

Papa

I fully agree with not holding your breath waiting on Houston. I sent an inquiry through Peggy on March 12, 2012 requesting response via email with 2 followups and nothing so far.

With yours, I would just stay in touch with QTC.

Papa,

Sorry to here about your troubles with the "hacks" at our V.A. I too am getting the run-a-round. I can't help but think if there is over 900,000 + vets getting jurked around and frankly wished away... Why cant we "900,000" + petition them out of a job, and get our v.a. re vamped this election year. Just thinkin there has to be a better way to get treated fairly by the goverment we all served honorably . Just a old ticked off crew chief. p.s. We have the same interests too I see, good on ya Papa..... all the best. Denmaint7 smile.png

Maybe if 900,000 vets contacted their representitives of congress and told them they've had enough of the BS something might get done. The squeeky wheel theory works sometimes!

Well, it appears that the call I made to the Claims Management people got the Houston RO moving. They called me, not Peggy, and the guy told me that the exam was going to be for my Back. Soon after QTC called to verify my address.

Papa