Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Year Into Claim

Rate this question

MarWar75

Question

I filed for 100% April 24, 2011. After many IRIS inquires about my claim it was finally passed to a supervisor. Once it was passed to the suppervisor that same day a letter was sent to my previous employer. It also stated I need to send VA another form for a release of Dr. records. They said they contacted my VA Medical Center and a appt will be scheduled for me. So after a year and probably 8 IRIS Inquiries were only at this point? They also want statements in support of my claim that my PTSD has gotton worse. I filed for financial hardship in November and that was to expidite my claim. However, it seems someone dropped the ball.

I had a neurophycological evaluation from a private Doctor in January of 2011 for confirmation of a TBI. That Dr. stated due to my PTSD and recently diognosed TBI I should be considered unemployable. I have attempted to work 3 different jobs, was fired from a federal job and quit the other two. My TBI is not service connected yet. It has been under appeal since June of 2010. I am SC for PTSD at 50%. and other service connections for a total of 70%. My question is? Do you think because the private evaluation was for a TBI (which is not yet service connected) I still have a chance for 100% TDIU. The Dr. stated because of the TBI and PTSD I should be considered unemployable. I do receive Social Security Benifits for PTSD.

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

How would I get a copy of my C & P report? Can I get it from the VAMC that did the examine? Or, do I need to request it from the regional office that is working my claim?

Go to your local VA hospital release of information office. Ask them for all your progress notes from certain date to certain date, treatment records and so on. I've done it a couple times and it takes like a week to get them. That's my experience.

• HadIt.com Elder

MarWar

My VA shrink and my outside psychologist knew each other quite well. My PCP knows my long time internist. The lawyer that represented me when the USPS fired me was the wife of a psychiatrist I used as an IMO. There are very lucky accidents.

Usmc is correct. If you plan on receiving just the C&P report only, then more than likely they'll give it to you right then, that is after you sign a release form. As Usmc stated, if you planning to get a lot of copies of your medical records, and it also depends which VARO you deal with, you may have to wait till they send them off in the mail. I deal with the Phoenix RO to get mine, and they gave me copies about an inch thick one time without waiting for the mail. It really boils down to where and who you deal with in order to get them.

A little note; If you don't already have a copy of your c;file yet, I suggest you request to get a copy of it.

That way you'll know what the raters are looking at on your claims. Sometimes you'll find records in there that you thought you never had. Or somebody else's.

Coot

Coot,

Do I get my c file from VAMC office also? The reason I asked about the C&P exam, the receptionist at the C&P office which is my VAMC told me I had to request that exam report from the RO. She told me the VAMC would not give it to me. I have gotton Medical Records of mine from the VAMC before. I have an appt Tues I will try then.

I'm confused if I'm getting the C file and the C&P report from the RO or the VAMC I am seen at. Forgive me this is all new to me. I have gotten records at the release office before. But never a C&P exam.

Edited by MarWar75